Calle De Matia 17, 4c, San Sebastian 20008 Spain (PressExposure) January 11, 2007 -- PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE USE
Perspector V3.0.4: the 3D add-in ready for PowerPoint 2007
Visual Exemplars has today (11 January 2007) released an update of its Perspectorâ¢ 3D add-in for PowerPoint that makes it compatible with the new version of PowerPoint, 2007.
What is Perspector?
Perspector helps presenters bring more creativity to their work and lift it above the ordinary.
Audiences are weary of being bombarded with bullet points and many presenters are now rethinking their approach and rediscovering that an appropriate image is indeed worth a thousand words. However, despite PowerPoint 2007 making it easier to access and apply 3D effects, is still essentially a two-dimensional medium. Perspector is a unique add-in that allows users to create complex 3D scenes from PowerPoint-like shapes, from scratch. This not only allows presenters to create unusual and eye-catching effects but, more importantly, it allows them to illustrate complex relationships between ideas in a simple way.
Perspector users draw shapes and work within a â3D spaceâ behind the screen. It is now possible to work with three-dimensional cubes, spheres, comes, pyramids and many other shapes, and combine them in ways that add meaning. Perspector also animates their rotations if required, adding yet more creative possibilities to give greater impact to the presenterâs message.
Users of the Perspector Professional Edition can also quickly create 3D charts from PowerPoint tables or Excel data. The charting interface gives users total control over all the chart elements. Examples of Perspectorâs spectacular new charts can be viewed in the Perspector charts gallery: http://www.perspector.com/gallery_charts.cfm
Perspector incorporates other ease-of-use features such as the âPerspector Libraryâ which users access from an assistant panel. Selecting one of the ready-made images causes it to appear in the PowerPoint slide. After that, users can enter the 3D space and modify the images infinitely. Short videos show how the imported image can quickly be changed and a video demonstration of Perspector can be viewed from http://www.perspector.com/tour.html
The Standard and Professional editions of Perspector cost US$99 and US$299 respectively. A free, fully-functioning trial version of Perspector is available to download from http://www.perspector.com where sample presentations and diagrams produced using Perspector can be seen.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1) Perspector, the unique 3D add-in for PowerPoint, was first launched in May 2004.
2) Main differences between the editions of Perspector are that, whilst people can draw and
animate 3D shapes with the Standard Edition, the Professional Edition allows users to:
a) create charts, as described above
b) reposition the view at any point and orientation in the 3D scene
c) import images of slides from another part of the same presentation and lay them out in another slide
d) show relationships between points on laid-out slides using 3D connectors
3) Customer testimonials can be read on http://www.perspector.com/customer_comments.cfm
4) Review copy licenses are available by emailing Steve Hards, Director of Sales and Operations: email@example.com Please notify when reviews are published.
5) Editors who wish to download the install_Perspector.exe file from the Perspector website and distribute the trial version on cover disk are welcome to do so without further reference to Visual Exemplars.
6) Visual Exemplars Ltd is an Edinburgh-based software house whose mission is to improve graphics for the ordinary business user.