New York, NY (PressExposure) May 27, 2009 -- Cakes are staples in almost any occasion. People eat Philippine cakes [http://www.myayala.com/shop/categs.asp?k=Cakes-philippines&categ_id=216] not just during birthdays. Youâre sure to find them during an anniversary, a fiesta, a baptism, a wedding, motherâs day, fatherâs day, Christmas, and New Year. Itâs also not uncommon to find someone looking at Philippine cakes [http://www.myayala.com/shop/categs.asp?k=Cakes-philippines&categ_id=216] with plans of buying one just because.
In reality, whenever someone thinks of bakery products, chances are Philippine cakes [http://www.myayala.com/shop/categs.asp?k=Cakes-philippines&categ_id=216] are what come to mind. Most happy celebrations are not complete without a cake to enjoy and devour. There are many different types of cake; the most basic are foam and butter cake. The difference between the two lies on the amount of fat containing. There are cakes that do not contain fat like sponge, angel food, and chiffon cakes. These cakes are called foam cakes. What they contain instead of butter is a large proportion of egg. These include egg whites, whole eggs, or yolks, combined with sugar and a small proportion of flour. These cakes are fat free cakes. Sponge cakes, on the other hand, contain milk for soft and dry texture.
Below are some types of cakes based on their flavor.
* Chocolate Cake. These are cakes made from chocolate like chocolate rum cake, fudge cake, and chocolate orange cake. Aside from exotic moist chocolate, rum and orange are also usually included in the ingredients for the mentioned cakes.
* Pineapple Cake. These cakes are often made from margarine, butter, and pineapple chunks.
* Raisins Cake. These are similar to pineapple cake but instead of pineapple chunks, seedless raisins are included.
* Marble Cake, Honey Cake, Spicy ginger Cake. All these cakes are made from cocoa, honey, golden syrup, black treacle, dark brown sugar, and rich spices.
* Rich Fruitcake, Light Fruitcake, Wheaten Fruitcake, Carrot Cake. These cakes are made from melted butter with sherry, brandy, dried fruits, carrots, bananas, walnuts, and almonds.
* Meringue Cake. This cake contains fruits and ice cream.
* Genoese Cake. This cake contains chocolate, fruit, pastry cream, whipped cream, and egg yolk.
Whatever type of cake appeals to you, it can serve any purpose you want it to, whether as a birthday cake or for any occasion it might be.