Glendale, CA (PressExposure) May 13, 2014 -- Across Systems, a leading software platform for all corporate language resources and translation processes, announced today that the Company will be attending the 2014 Association of Language Companies Annual Conference as a Silver Sponsor to meet with interested Language Service Providers (LSPs) about ways to increase efficiency of the project management process using Across version 6.0. The conference will take place in Palm Springs CA May 18 - 21, 2014.
The Association of Language Companies helps to promote professional stature through industry advocacy and professional development of language service company owners and senior management. This year's conference will provide networking and educational opportunities for over 200 attendees.
LSPs must constantly find creative ways to be as resourceful as possible to earn and keep a customer's business. Across version 6.0 helps LSPs increase project management efficiency to stay competitive by:
- Minimizing administrative aspects of project management: Many tasks are very time consuming such as putting customer files into workable formats for translation, which can take hours or even days. Across v6 can handle up to 50 file formats and pre/post processing which saves considerable time resulting in more time for important activities and less expensive customer quotes.
- Reducing nightmares associated with managing complex projects: Working with multiple languages, vendors, files, delivery dates and questions can be difficult to manage and deliver on time. Across offers an online tool that manages complexity with an easy to use platform that minimizes manual, time-wasting activities such as adding new languages and replacing old files with new ones. In addition, questions are easily managed within the system across multiple users and customers and FTP sites are no longer needed.
- Maintaining project quality: Quality is important for customer retention. The Across quality manager can be customized and turned on during translation or engaged at task completion to ensure that linguists identify document errors for correction. Another valuable feature is the ability to require that errors be checked and corrected before delivery to the customer. This ensures quality and consistency while avoiding embarrassing mistakes.
Nancy Cardone, business development manager for Across Systems, will be in attendance to share valuable advice on how to increase project management effectiveness through the use of Across' innovative translation management software.
"After being on all sides of this industry from customer to language service provider to technology provider, I have experienced most aspects of this business and am passionate about helping others learn from my experience. I understand how tough the job of a project manager is and how unappreciated they often feel." says Cardone. "Across has worked tirelessly the last 10 years to develop a tool that automates the most basic processes so language service providers can become more customer centric and give their customers the best service possible. Technology is the future of our industry."
Interested parties may contact Cardone at americas[at]across[dot]net to set up a time for a personal consultation and and learn more about the following exciting new version 6.0 features:
1. Project Management Cockpit - to manage the cumbersome process of project management including managing files, questions and deadlines, finding available linguists, version control and overall communication.
2. New and improved user interface - to handle complex projects with an easy to use and intuitive interface.
3. Across Dashboard - to keep track of project deliverables using fully customizable dashlets to display relevant KPIs at a glance.
4. Across Data Cube - to easily access important analytical data from the translation process using MS Excel for better decision making.
5. crossWeb Review Mode - to allow internal or external reviewers an easy way to review and provide comments without extensive technology knowledge.