Warren, MI (PressExposure) September 23, 2009 -- A group of linemen working to restore power to a neighborhood were in the right place at the right time when they noticed a home on fire. Workers grabbed fire extinguishers while others filled their hard hats with water to fight the flames until fire emergency crews arrived.
The fire was caused by a clogged dryer vent; flames caught the interior wall as the fire began to spread. Firefighters said that if it werenât for what the linemen had done the results would have been devastating; the home lost.
Dayn Benson, franchise manager of Dryer Vent Wizard, headquartered in Warren Michigan, was recently interviewed. âOver 15,000 clothes dryer fires are reported each year,â said Benson. âThe results are often devastating with deaths, injuries and loss of homes. Dryer vent cleaning is the number one preventer of dryer fires.â
In joining efforts with the NFPA, Dryer Vent Wizard is providing advice to consumers to minimize the risk of dryer fires. They encourage consumers to read their informative articles with tips for keeping their clothes dryer safe and operating efficiently; visit http://cleaningdryervents.blogspot.com/
Dryer Vent Wizard provides maintenance tips to consumers as they recommend annual professional dryer vent cleaning. Dryer vent systems should meet the manufacturerâs codes as well as city and state codes. By law, all gas dryers in the United States must be vented to the outdoors. To order a dryer vent inspection and service visit http://www.dryerventwizard.com
Contact: Dryer Vent Wizard D. Benson â Corporate Office 5523 East Nine Mile Road Warren, MI 48091 1-866-498-7233 firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC