Wilkes-barre, PA (PressExposure) June 06, 2008 -- Richard Singer, author, therapist and recovering addict has signed an agreement with the Guinness Book of World Records to break a 27 year old world record by traveling on foot approximately 2800 miles from City hall in Los Angeles to City Hall in New York City. This run will benefit several charities representing various aspects of life. 6 organizations have been chosen. All organizations relate to Mr. Singer's personal struggles in life or his desires for a better world. The six charities are as follows:
- Make A Wish Foundation - The Damon and Stella Foundation for Mental Health - CASAColumbia.org - Indra Loka Animal Sanctuary - Scholarship Fund for Choices Drug and Alcohol Treatment center - WorldPeace1.com
Mr. Singer will also donate 50% of all royalties from book sales to the charity organizations. A separate scholarship for at risk youth will be developed for all Cayman Islands sponsors and donors.
The Objectives Of The Run:
- Raise awareness and share my personal experience in the following areas:
- There is life after suffering from depression; suicide is a normal thought with depression, but never needs to be followed through on.
- One person with a vision and the help of other human beings can make a difference in this world.
- There is incredible power in having belief and a purpose.
- There is life after suffering from addiction.
- Nothing is impossible.
- We personally define what is realistic in our lives.
How You Can Help:
1) Donation for the mentioned charities.
2) Purchase a mile in honor of someone special in your life that is no longer alive or cannot run.
3) Sponsor my trip with products or services that will help me.
4) Feed me along the way.
5) Pass along info to everyone you know.
6) Start a company wide donation campaign.
7) Encourage me every step of the way.
All sponsors will be involved in media releases and mentioned online and in interviews.
Donors will be on my websites and those who purchase miles will have their honorable person listed on the web.
My goal is to raise a million dollars or more and priceless awareness. This will be accomplished! Just think out of the 304 million Americans we just need 1 million to donate 1 dollar and we have achieved our goal. Let's do it starting now!