4375 Peck Court Pomona, (PressExposure) May 11, 2009 -- Setting up a flower shop in the Philippines to sell authenticated Flowers Philippines [http://www.flowersexpress.com.ph/products.aspx?typeid=1] for Filipinos isn't as easy as anybody could think. Just like any other flower shops around the world, there are several factors that people who wanted to start this kind of business should think about. Unlike setting up a simple "Sari-Sari" store (small convenient store), setting up a flower shop requires talent and skillful hands, one of which is the skill with floristry.
Floristry is the general term used to describe the professional floral trade. It encompasses flower care and handling, floral design or flower arranging, merchandising, and display and flower delivery. Wholesale florists sell bulk flowers and related supplies to professionals in the trade. Retail florists offer fresh Flowers Philippines [http://www.flowersexpress.com.ph/products.aspx?typeid=1] and related products and services to their Filipino consumers.
The craft of floristry involves various skills. These involve:
* Selecting flowers that will look good together (based on principles of design or general instinct).
* Knowing how to cut flowers.
* Knowing how to treat flowers.
* Knowing how to arrange flowers and other stock plants so they will remain fresh as long as possible.
* Knowing how to selling them, which involves knowledge of customer requirements and expectations.
Other skills involve:
* Knowing how to form wreaths which may involve many different types of flowers and plants, and often include ribbon and artificial product.
* Knowing how to form bouquets which may involve several other materials other than putting up different flowers and colors.
* Knowing how to form corsages, much like bouquets, involves arranging flowers for women's use.
* Knowing how to form boutonniÃ¨res/'buttonholes', much like bouquets, involves arranging flowers for men's use.
* Knowing how to form artificial arrangements and other more complicated arrangements.
Other than selling Flowers Philippines [http://www.flowersexpress.com.ph/products.aspx?typeid=1], some flower shops also stock gift baskets, fruit, and chocolates. Floral business is seasonal and is heavily influenced by the following holidays and events. These events are as follows:
* Valentine's Day in which the majority of customers would involve young adults with the girlfriends and married men.
* Christmas. Flowers are occasionally used as a gift given to anybody. Again, majority of the customers would involve young adults with the girlfriends.
* Graduation days in which schools occasionally order large quantities of boutonniÃ¨res and corsages for their graduating students.
* Mother Mary's birthday. In Filipino culture, it is tradition that people, commonly children, offer flower to the blessed Mother Mary on her birthday which is held every 8th of September.
* Mother's Day in which flowers are always the favorable gift.
* All Souls Day in which flowers are customary gift or offering for the dead.
* Weddings and Funerals.