Singapore, Singapore (PressExposure) December 01, 2009 -- Singapore Employment Pass (EP)
Employment Pass or EP is designated for foreign professionals employed by companies operating in Singapore. A foreign entrepreneur who has incorporated a Singapore private limited company is also eligible for an EP so as to operate the business in Singapore. All managing directors and shareholders of a company, who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents, are also eligible for EP. The EP does not fall under any quota system nor is there a monthly levy charge for EP.
Ministry of Manpower grants each EP with a validity of 1 or 2 years, and it is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company. With an EP, you can travel in and out of Singapore with minimum hassle at the immigration. It also gives you the benefit of applying for Permanent Residence.
Employment Pass Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for an Employment Pass, you must have a fixed monthly salary of at least SDG$2,500, and possess one or more of the following:
* Acceptable educational diploma/degree * Professional qualifications * Specialist skills
The Ministry of Manpower evaluates each applicant based on individualâs merits. Other factors which also play a very important role are:
* Salary of applicant * Age of applicant * Roles & responsibility * Related work experience * Repute of the company * Company paid up capital * Applicant current citizenship
Having a recognised educational qualification does not guarantee a successful EP application as the applicant also need to satisfy other criteria such as relevant work experience and/or professional skills. Similarly, an applicant who does not possess a recognized educational qualification may not necessarily be rejected for EP if he possesses other compensating factors.
There are three categories of Employment Pass: P1, P2 and Q1 Pass. The P Pass is for foreigners seeking managerial, executive or specialist jobs.
* P1 Pass â for applicants earning a fixed monthly salary of more than $7,000. * P2 Pass â for applicants earning a fixed monthly salary of more than $3,500 and up to $7,000, and he/she possesses recognised qualifications. * Q1 Pass â for applicants earning a fixed monthly salary of more than $2,500 and he/she possesses recognised qualifications.
Procedure and Timeline
Asiabiz submits all Employment Pass applications electronically to Ministry of Manpower as the application process is shorter, and subsequently you will also learn of your application outcome sooner. The process consists of the following steps:
1. Application to obtain authorization code to submit application online for newly incorporated company. Upon submission, it takes about 7-14 days for Ministry of Manpower to send the authorization code. 2. Submission of application online. It takes Ministry of Manpower between 1-15 working days to process the application. 3. Upon receiving the In-principle Approval notification, we will make arrangement for the collection of your EP.
Documents Required for Employment Pass
AsiaBiz will need the following documents for submission of Employment Pass visa application in Singapore:
* Resume or CV stating your educational and employment history * Copies of educational certificates and past employment testimonials * A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport * Any documents that are not in English must be translated into English by an official translation service.
More Detailed Information on Employment Pass by Asiabiz (Singapore Company Incorporation Agent) Please Visit http://www.asiabizservices.com