Panchkula, India (PressExposure) July 18, 2008 -- When you are organizing an event, there are a lot of planning and things that need to be done. Catering service is definitely a must during an event. Sometimes, the type of food that you cater for your guests can make the difference between a positive event and a poorly organized event. Before you hire a catering company for your event, it is recommended for you to do some food tasting first. Tasting food before you choose your event menu can ensure that you do not order something that is not up to standard. Nowadays, almost all caterers offer tasting prior to booking. There are also some caterers who only offer tasting only when the event is confirmed with a deposit. So, let me share with you 6 things that you should take note of when choosing the right type of food for your event:
1. Try out the standard of their food during food tasting. This is a great opportunity to know the standard of a catering company. During food tasting, you should share with your caterer your likes and dislikes so that he or she will know what food to recommend to you. Do not be afraid to ask question. You are the customer, and you should ask anything that you have in doubt before booking.
2. Ask questions about their food presentation. This is a good time to find out more about their plate presentation. Is dressing served on the side? And will the courses be delivered in succession or at once? These are some of the questions that you should ask your caterer before booking.
3. Do share your honest opinion and feedback with your caterer. Caterers see tasting as an opportunity to improve the standard of their food and presentation. Therefore, be sure to share comments and questions and give them your honest feedback. This will help them to improve so that they can serve you better in the future.
4. Be sure to find out whether the caterer charges for tasting. Some caterers do charge for tasting. So be sure to understand the charges and procedure before you arrange a food tasting session with your caterer.
5. Based your purchase decision on services and chemistry with your caterer. Other than the quality of food, service of the caterer is also very important. You will be working together, so it is very important that you can get along well with your caterer.
6. Send a thank note to them. If you decide not to use a particular caterer for whatever reason, you should send a short note to thank them for their time and effort. They will appreciate it.