Shenzhen, China (PressExposure) December 25, 2009 -- E-Commerce is a new model of buying and selling items, services or goods online. More and more people are involved in the business.
Want to have detailed knowledge of successful e-commerce? As an experienced e-commerce dealer, epathchina.com is pleased to share you some tips. What the successful e-business dealer created will be disscussed as follows.
1. Find a product to sell. Are you a crafter? Can you create beautiful jewelry that your friends marvel over? Are you someone who haunts the garage sales always finding the perfect bargain? Do you know someone in the wholesale business? Do you draw or write, or cook fabulous meals or know how to fix your grandmother's computer? Then you've found your niche.
2. Find a market. Are you content to work for someone else? Or would you rather own your own business and be your own boss? If you like to work for someone else, consider selling items on eBay or Etsy. eBay is the world's largest ecommerce website. Thousands of items are bought and sold each day by retailers around the world. Etsy is a website specializing in offering items from crafters.
3. Create your own website and sell your product. Website hosting can be free or prepaid. Free website hosting may be fine for the short term. However, many free websites have advertising on their sites. This can draw attention away from your business and make you look unprofessional. You may wish to pay a minimal fee (typically $10 a month) to host your own web page free of anything other than your business.
4. Accept payment. Paying for goods and services online is not as difficult as it used to be, thanks to PayPal. PayPal is a website that allows buyers and sellers to instantaneously transfer funds between accounts safely. A buyer can send a secure payment via his credit card online. A seller can accept the payment. Withdrawing funds incurs a small fee. However, PayPal is accepted worldwide and thus allows businesses to tap into many otherwise unreachable markets.
5. Contact sellers. Successful ecommerce sellers use a variety of methods to allow others to contact them. A personal 800 number can be set up with most phone companies at minimal cost. Many sellers prefer email whenever possible. An email address is an important part of the information your business conveys to the rest of the world. Choosing one that sends the right message is ideal. Avoid addresses that send a frivolous, sexual or unsavory connotation to clients. Email addresses that work fine for a Facebook account may be completely wrong for your business. You also want an email account with good security features. Gmail (the email address service offered by Google) is an excellent choice. Many websites hosting services will also offer users personalized email addresses, another good option.
6. Promote your business to help it grow and expand. If potential clients don't know you exist, they cannot buy from you. Sites such as eBay and Etsy will automatically bring up items when searched in their databases. Sellers can pay additional money to have their sites listed first when searched. If you have your own website, you can submit it to Google and other search engines for a free listing. Site owners can also promote their businesses in other ways. These include creating free newsletters, holding promotional contests, offering to list someone else's website in return for a listing on your own and writing a blog.