Mt Barker, AK (PressExposure) September 23, 2009 -- Having a water leakage or damage in roof? Are thinking about changing or repairing a roof? Do not fall in the hands of the unethical repairers who will just take your time and money but wonât benefit you and your house. Choose only a roofing contractor and some one who is a specialist in this field to burrow your troubles and to keep your house in tact.
1) Do not hire a contractor by believing in what he says but by checking his history of work, license etc.
2) Try to be more patient while choosing one
3) Try to differentiate between ethical and unethical roof contractors; this can be done by following some simple and basic rules of choosing a proper and licensed contractor.
● go through the directory and find out the contractors listed in it.
● give them a buzz and try to figure out there work experiences. But also try to find out about certain other things like the mode of payment, the hours for which they will work and the time they might take to complete the work and if they will take some other incentive or not.
● do also get in touch with the roofers group or the construction company to know more about the person whom you sought to hire.
● then make a list of the people who fit into your criteria and do check their works and warranties so that you donât have a problem during the course of the construction.
● carefully analyze and hire the one whom you think the best that suits your pocket but do not go only by the bids but also their work in which you might find some body more capable than other so hire him even if his bid is higher than the others.
● check the license of the contractor it should be valid and also the insurance he has to make before starting the work.
● the contractor will send employees at your place to complete your work so do check about them from the contractor.
● About the employees you can ask all your queries and the contractor is liable to answer them.
● Before the contractor commences the work get a contract signed by him on the terms and conditions of the work of which one copy will remain with him and one with you.
● Payment for the work should always be made in installments.
Always see to it that there is some one to supervise your work or it can be that the employees do the work but it is not up to the mark. Ensure that the contractor turns up and sees the work at least on every second day and watches the work carefully for any fault in it. The high quality roofing [http://www.adelaideroofingexpert.com.au/page/what-makes-us-unique] should be the target of the contractor you have hired. And also make sure that the responsibility of any mishap lies with the contractor of the roof as well as of the employees who are working on the site.