Cebu City, Philippines (PressExposure) May 06, 2009 -- One of Honda's most prominent models of cars for sale philippines
is the Honda Civic. In the United States of America, the Civic is the second-longest continuously-running nameplate from a Japanese manufacturer; only the Toyota Corolla, introduced in 1968, has been in production longer. The Civic, along with the Accord and Prelude, comprised Honda's vehicles sold in North America until the 1990s, when the model lineup was expanded. Having gone through several generational changes, the Civic has become larger and more upmarket, and it currently slots between the Fit and Accord.
Brief History Behind Honda Civic It was introduced in July 1972 as a two-door coupe, followed by a three-door hatchback that September. With the transverse engine mounting of its 1169 cc engine and front-wheel drive like the British Mini, the car provided good interior space despite overall small dimensions. Early models of the Civic were typically outfitted with a basic AM radio, a rudimentary heater, foam-cushioned plastic trim, two-speed wipers and painted steel rims with a chromed wheel nut cap.
Honda Civic of Today The current Civic has become much more luxurious with air conditioning, power locks, and power windows, plus options like leather upholstery, satellite-linked navigation, and a six-speed manual transmission. Initially gaining a reputation for being fuel-efficient, reliable and environmentally friendly, later iterations have become well-known for performance and sportiness, especially the Civic Type-R and Civic Si.
The Civic has been rebadged for international markets with such models as the Honda Ballade and Honda Domani/Acura EL. The Civic platform also served as the basis for the CR-X sport compact, the CR-X del Sol targa convertible, and the CR-V compact SUV. As of 2008, the Civic has been one of the top-selling cars for sale philippines
. In Canada, Honda Civic is placed as the top-selling car for eleven straight years. With high gas prices and a weak economy in June 2008, the Civic supplanted the Ford F-150 to become the top-selling vehicle in the United States for that month.
* According to online free ads philippinessites, Honda Civic was awarded "Car of the Year Japan" in 1972 to 1974.
* The Civic GX, a natural gas version of the vehicle was named Greenest Car of 2005 by the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy. Honda claimed 5 of the top 10 Greenest car slots, 3 of which were models of the Civic.
* The Civic also won the North American Car of the Year and the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Car of the Year awards for 2006.
* In November 2006, the Civic received the prestigious "Car of The Year" award from Brazilian magazine Auto Esporte.
* The four-door Civic VXi sedan won the South African Car of the Year award for 2007.