Cebu City, Philippines (PressExposure) May 02, 2009 -- One of the many successful cellular phones for sale in today's market is Sony Ericsson mobile phones. Online shops, including online free ads philippines, became popular places where people can buy their own Sony Ericsson mobile phones, may it brand new or second hand. As of Q3 of 2008, Sony Ericsson sits at the third place next to Samsung and Nokia having a market share of 8.6%. So what made Sony Ericsson so popular?
Success with Walkman Mobile Phones
* On March 1, 2005, Sony Ericsson introduced the K750i with a 2 megapixel camera, as well as its platform mate, the W800i, the first of the highly successful Walkman phones capable of doing 30 hours of music playback and two low-end phones.
* On May 1, 2005, Sony Ericsson agreed to become the global title sponsor for the WTA Tour in a deal worth 88 million US dollars over 6 years.
* In October 2005, Sony Ericsson presented the first mobile phone based on UIQ 3, the P990.
* On February 2, 2007, Sony Ericsson acquired UIQ Technology, a Swedish software company from Symbian Ltd.. UIQ will remain an independent company, Miles Flint announced.
* On January 2, 2007, Sony Ericsson announced in Stockholm that it will be having some of its mobile phones produced in India. It announced that its two outsourcing partners, Lextronic and Foxconn will be producing 10 million cellphones per year by 2009.
CEO Miles Flint announced at a press conference held with India's communications minister Dayanidhi Maran in Chennai that India was one of the fastest growing markets in the world and a priority market for Sony Ericsson with 105 million users of GSM mobile telephones.
* On October 15, 2007, Sony Ericsson announced on Symbian Smartphone Show that they will be selling half of its UIQ share to Motorola thus making UIQ technology owned by two large mobile phone companies.
Success with Cyber-Shot
Sony Ericsson have also had great success with their Cyber-shot brand. It was launched in 2005 by the K750 which was one of the most popular Sony Ericsson phones. The reason was that it had Memory Card capability, which was very novel then. Unlike any other cellular phones for sale, Cyber-shot became very popular very quickly, because unlike Walkman, which had a very good media package and a poor camera, it had a decent media viewing and good cameras. In 2007 their first 5-Megapixel camera phone, the K850 was announced, followed in 2008 by the C905, the world's first 8-Megapixel phone. At Mobile World Congress 2009, Sony Ericsson unveiled the first 12-Megapixel phone, codenamed Idou.