Mount Kisco, NY (PressExposure) August 27, 2009 -- On a daily basis, you make a dozen decisions that can have a direct affect on the amount of inflammation in your body. My goal is to remove you from a chronic state of inflammation, which results in a negative impact on your health. Adding Jiva Supplements to your diet is an important step. In addition, your lifestyle choices can also make a big difference and increase the effectiveness of Jiva Supplements.
1. Eat Smart. The foods that promote inflammation are: â¢ White flour products (white bread, pasta, crackers) â¢ Trans fats (deep-fried food) â¢ Sugary foods (cookies, donuts, cakes, soda) â¢ High fat meats (bacon, sausage, salami) â¢ Vegetable oils
After reading the list above, it becomes apparent that a lot of food in Western culture contributes to inflammation. So, what should we eat? Research has shown that those who eat a traditional Mediterranean diet are less likely to die of all of the diseases directly linked to inflammation like cancer, heart disease, arthritis and Alzheimer's disease.
A traditional Mediterranean diet consists of the following: â¢ Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables â¢ At least 2-3 servings of fatty fish a week such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, or trout as they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. â¢ Use olive oil as your primary cooking oil as it lowers your cholesterol â¢ Consume whole grain products instead of white flour â¢ Eat only lean meats
2. Get Moving. In today's society most people don't have a lot of extra time in their schedules to exercise. However, any way that you can get moving will benefit your health. New research shows that exercise reduces the amount of inflammation in your body. Those who exercise regularly have lower blood levels of CRP (the indicator of body-wide inflammation). If you can get moving now, within weeks the levels of CRP in your body will decrease.
Remember a balanced exercise program includes aerobic exercise, strength training and stretching. It will also help improve your heart function, tone muscles, increase lung capacity and benefits your mood.
3. Get Regular Massages Massages, instead of being looked at as an indulgence, should be viewed as part of an exercise routine. Exercise keeps everything flowing in your body, and so does a massage. It's wonderful for getting rid of knots and tension, but also increases blood and lymphatic circulation as well as removing toxins.
4. Give yourself the gift of sleep Research shows less than six to seven hours of sleep a night may increase your risk for diseases such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesity. What happens is, when you wake from sleep before your natural cycle is complete, your body assumes there is a life-threatening reason. As a result, your body releases a lot of inflammatory chemicals in case of injury. Just one night of inadequate sleep can cause inflammation levels to rise!
5. Detoxify your home Your home may have unsafe levels of toxins in it. Studies conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency show that the air inside your home is two to five times more polluted than the air outside. This is a result of homes having paint, carpeting or upholstery that emit volatile organic compounds, which are toxic chemicals that trigger inflammation. In addition, cleansers and disinfectants, air fresheners, perfumes and pesticides also contain volatile organic compounds.
The first step is to switch from chemically laden brands to natural ones. When you are applying paints or solvents in your home, make sure to open windows. Overall, whenever you have the choice between products that will fill the air with chemicals and those that won't, choose the ones that won't!
6. Detoxify your body Considering what is surrounding us in the air every day, it is a good idea to detoxify your body every six months. Without detoxification, your body can store those harmful chemicals that are consumed or encountered that contribute to inflammation. There are two ways to detoxify your body.
The first is to sign up for a detoxification program at a health and wellness center. Just some of the programs offered at these locations are cellulite massages, reflexology, panchakarma, and colon hydrotherapy. The second option is to work with a qualified health care practitioner to determine a gentle detox program. This would include a cleansing diet and detoxifying herbs.
7. Change your mind Whether you have an overall optimistic view on things can have a big impact on your health. Negative feelings such as depression, anxiety, hostility, and stress can cause your body to release inflammatory chemicals that put you at a risk for disease. There is a simple, scientifically tested way to boost your happiness and possible extend your life. Every night, write down three things that went well that day and why. Research shows that this exercise can boost your happiness levels dramatically.
8. Meditate These days most people live very busy lives which result in not a lot of time to simply relax and focus on your body. Daily meditation is truthfully very simple and just requires you to take the time to sit in silence, and turn your attention away from your thoughts and toward your body. Your body always has the answers if you are willing to listen. Various types of meditation include guided imagery, transcendental meditation, vipassana, and mindfulness meditation. Choose what feels right to you.
9. Give back Many people find that giving back by helping serve something larger than them is a key to happiness. Since it has been established that happiness lowers inflammation, pick something that meaningful to you and contribute. Donating time to causes, big or small, benefits the community and can lead to tremendous peace and satisfaction.