The Future of Viewing and Sharing Streaming News - Introducing TweetNewz Desktop

Lawrence, KS (PressExposure) June 22, 2009 -- Navigating news content within a website can be very time consuming and frustrating. Readers have a limited amount of time to get their news, and they only want information that’s relevant to their interests. Now, readers can stay connected to the news and information they love. TweetNewz Desktop delivers content directly to the desktop through a compact ticker. Our application enables users to conveniently stay up to date, with the added features of socializing articles via Twitter and social bookmarking. It was created to fill a void in the current system of delivering, reading, and sharing streaming news.

“The most innovative and promising feature of TweetNewz Desktop is the ability to conveniently stay up to date. The majority of news aggregator products require your full attention in order to interact with the software. With the TweetNewz mini mode you can start the ticker, dock it across the bottom of your desktop to optimize space, and work on other things while your favorite news and content remains readily available with one click. If you see anything interesting on the ticker, you can read the article, view the commentary, and tweet about it right there. Through our Twitter integration, we give you the option to Tweet using two distinct techniques. You can view twitter social commentary (powered by BackType) and add a tweet, or execute a quick Tweet. If you do not have a Twitter account, do not fret, anybody can use our product; you just do not have the ability to Tweet. Furthermore, you can bookmark articles to a variety of social networking sites such as Facebook, Digg, and Delicious. TweetNewz Desktop was designed to seamlessly fit onto the desktop computer screen empowering users by giving them the option to choose a convenient time to view an article while harnessing the power of social integration,” says President Ryan Flannagan.

Print versions of newspapers and magazines are feeling the effect of the economy, and many readers are looking to the internet for their news. With so many sources available, you would think news aggregation products would be gaining popularity, but this is not the case. As of right now, the process of subscribing to RSS feeds is very labor intensive, forcing readers to take a proactive stance by navigating to publishers’ RSS pages and using a 3rd party aggregator to manage the content. In fact, only 11% of the online community uses RSS feeds. The team at Myriad Tech sees the other 89% of the market as an opportunity to revive the industry.

“We worked hard to simplify the process and lower the search cost for the consumer. With one simple click from our website, http://tweetnewz.com/, TweetNewz Desktop can be downloaded for free. News enthusiasts who have already formed a list of their favorite news, blogs and other content can save time by simply synchronizing their Google Reader account with the TweetNewz application. Each time you add or remove a feed from either application, they automatically update each other. Furthermore, it is simple to install, running on an Adobe Air platform, which enables TweetNewz Desktop to work on Macs, PCs, or Linux operating systems. By simplifying the news aggregation process and enabling readers to passively stay up to date, we feel TweetNewz Desktop is a glimpse into the future. TweetNewz Desktop provides readers with a new and effective method of connecting with the news and a new and efficient means to connect socially using the content of the news,” says Flannagan.

About Myriad Tech LLC

Myriad Tech LLC, the creator of TweetNewz Desktop, is based in Lawrence, Kansas. The company specializes in web-based application design and development using the latest innovative technology such as Adobe A.I.R., Flex 3, Ajax, and Ruby on Rails. If you would like more information about this topic, or to schedule an interview with Ryan Flannagan, please email Eric Marrello at emarrello@myriadtech.net

Press Release Source: http://PressExposure.com/PR/Myriad_Tech_LLC.html

Press Release Submitted On: June 22, 2009 at 12:59 pm
This article has been viewed 5204 time(s).