New York, NY (PressExposure) July 19, 2008 -- FarbaC Biomedical, a distributor of ophthalmic equipment in Mexico, reveals an advanced trans-scleral Diaton tonometer (Glaucoma Eye Test) to Mexico. Diaton Tonometry is a unique approach to measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) by indentation THROUGH THE EYELID - painless, no contact with the cornea, no anesthesia or sterilization is required. BiCOMâs pen-like, hand-held, portable diagnostic device is perfect for measuring eye pressure and helps in diagnosis and prevention of blindness caused by glaucoma. Tonometer Diaton is irreplaceable for mass glaucoma screenings in children and adults.
FDA, CE, Health Canada and now Health Mexico approved - this new trans-palpebral and trans-scleral methodology has received the Gold Medal at the International Exhibition of Innovation Research and New Technology - âBrussels Eurecaâ & the Gold Medal at the International Exhibition of Research and new Technology in Geneva. Details at http://www.TonometerDIATON.com
Diaton tonometer was initially launched at Pan American Congress of Ophthalmology Cancun, Mexico 2007, where it has raised a lot of interest to the new transpalpebral and transcleral technology within the eyecare community.
Diaton Tonometer is intended for use by Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing & Elderly Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
Portability, safety and simplicity make Tonometer Diaton ideal for a wide range of applications: for mass glaucoma screening of the population, at the patientâs bedside, in geriatrics homes, in children hospitals, for the military and for home use.
Mr. Boris Kun, President of BiCOM Inc., says: âDiaton tonometer is a revolutionary device and signifies a new stage in Optometry and Ophthalmology!â
Tonometer Diaton is the perfect solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
* mass prophylactic screening of patients;
* IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
* orthoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma during selection of the adequate hypotensive therapy;
* ophthalmotone monitoring (even at night time);
* IOP measuring during contact correction (without need to remove contact lenses,
* IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
* IOP measuring in children.
* on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
* on patients with medicinal allergies;
* Lasik/ LASEK /PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
Diaton tonometer is a perfect device for mass screenings for glaucoma for any age group. Undiagnosed and untreated, glaucoma can cause blindness. Glaucoma is the leading cause of blindness in all age groups - from children to senior citizens. Everyone needs to get diagnosed to prevent blindness.
Besides determining the potential for glaucoma onset, Tonometer Diaton can also be used for monitoring treatment effectiveness throughout the day. Unlike other tonometers, Diaton can be used repeatedly during the day with no harmful effect on the eye.
FarbaC Bimedical in Mexico covers the full scope of customer service, which involves client training, follow ups, hotline support, sales support, etc. To get more information on the device or to make a purchase, visit http://www.FarbaC.com , or call FarbaC at 52-55-5488-2360
About FarbaC Biomedical: FarbaC Biomedical is the result of more than 16 years of experience and specialization in ophthalmology. FARBAC BIOMEDICAL, distinguishes in pre and after sale customer service. FarbaC has nationwide distribution channels with a response time of maximum 24 hrs. FarbaC counsels for sales or delivery of services such as disposable plugs lacrimal, taking advantage of messaging services with national coverage and our office in Mexico City.