Bangkok, Bangkok Thailand (PressExposure) December 05, 2008 -- Due to the Airports of Thailand (AoT)âs suspension of services at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, all inbound and outbound flights were cancelled since 04.00 hrs. during 25-26 November 2008, causing inconvenience to over 3,000 passengers. The stranded passengers who fly with THAI have been accommodated by Thai Airways International.
The Ministry of Tourism and Sports in cooperation with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Tourism Council of Thailand (TCT), Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) and Thai Hotels Association (THA) transferred the remaining stranded passengers to the following hotels:
1. Regent Suvarnabhumi Hotel Address: 30/1 â 32/1 Soi Ladkrabung 22, Ladkrabung District, Bangkok 10520 Tel: 02-326-7138-43 Contact person: Khun Pitchaya (Tel: 081-255-4833)
2. Twin Towers Hotel Address: 88 New Rama 6 Rd. Rongmuang, Pratumwan, Bangkok 10330 Tel: 02-216-9555-6 Contact person: Khun Nalinee (Tel: 085-075-9998) Khun Watchirachai (Tel: 081-831-5554)
3. IBIS Hotel Address: 5 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 15, Ramkhamhaeng Rd., Bangkok 10240 Tel: 02-308-7888 Contact person: Khun Duangkamol (Tel: 089-892-4851)
4. Eastin Hotel Address: 1091/343 New Petchburi Road, Makkasan, Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400 Tel: 02-651-7600 E-mail: email@example.com Contact person: Khun Isada (Tel: 081-692-1919) Khun Niti (Tel: 081-207-0970)
5. The Centric Ratchada Address: 502/29 Soi Yuchroen, Asoke-Dindaeng Road, Dindang, Bangkok 10400 Tel: 02-246-0909 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Ambassador Hotel Bangkok Address: 171 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110 Tel: 02-254-0444 E-mail: email@example.com
Besides the above, the Rose Garden Riverside Hotel at Petchkasem Road, Sampran, Nakhon Pathom (Tel: +66 34-322-544, +66 34-322-545, +66 34-322-588) has announced welcoming the stranded passengers stay with the hotel during 26-27 November 2008. Also, the Hotel Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok at Phaholyothin Road has been welcoming their guests, who just checked out from the hotel and cannot fly to their home country due to the temporary closure of Suvarnabhumi International Airport, back to the hotel without charges.
On the basis of assistance, for tourists and travellers who cannot travel to their destination as of 25 November, 2008, till the airport reopens, TAT and Ministry of Tourism and Sports have provided accommodation and meals, as well as facilitated tourists as much as possible until they are able to return to their destination. For more information regarding accommodation, please contact the Association of Thai Travel Agents (ATTA) ( Tel: +66 2 237- 6064 â 8, +66 2 632-7400 â 2), as well as the following Hotlines: - 1414 : Ministry of Tourism and Sports - 1672 : Tourism Authority of Thailand - 1155 : Tourist Police
On the other hand, for any tourist whose visa has expired since 26 November, 2008, till the airport reopens, there will be no penalty or charge for overstay from the Immigration Bureau. However, tourists must show their original tickets to avoid being charged.
Related links: [http://amazingthailand.tourismthailand.org/thailand_tourism_update/eNews/traveler1.htm] http://www.tourismthailand.org/thailandtourismupdate/