Fort Worth, TX (PressExposure) March 06, 2011 -- Yes, you read that right, I am going to teach you here how to get some dirt-cheap postcard printing. Be it postcard printing for business, or maybe mass production.
You can use these tricks to cut a huge portion out of typical printing costs. So read carefully and start taking down these notes for dirt-cheap printing. Believe me, all of these are easy to do with lots of cost savings built into them.
1. Smaller sizes - One of easiest ways to get cheap costs is to just print those designs a little bit smaller. There are actually different standard sizes and by getting the smallest postcard templates for your designs, you can reduce the cost of printing per piece. Typically, you can cut your costs at around 20% in some cases when you use the smallest acceptable size allowed by your post office. Therefore, if your design can handle a smaller layout, then you can try this trick to get dirt-cheap printing.
2. Cheaper materials - Next in line for the best moves is to use cheaper materials. Your color postcards can typically survive by using thinner materials with reduced coatings. You do not really have to have that expensive aqueous coating or even those special glossy inks and embedded inks. By using only the standard and cheap materials, you can save a significant amount of money. The trick to do this is to ask your postcard printer for those cheaper options. They typically will push you to use the more expensive options because they are better, but since your aim is cheap printing, try to ask them politely for other cheaper options. Just specify what you need and they should provide you with the cheap material options.
3. Reserved colors - Another thing you can do to print postcards cheaply is to be reserved with your full color prints. Typically, you can survive with a full color cover and a bare black ink back cover print. This means that you will only have to spend on expensive full color inks on the front and the cheap black printing at the back. This should further reduce your printing costs by 10% or more, helping you again get your objective.
4. Bulk discounts - Now, as long as you are printing postcards, you should push those printing numbers to get those bulk discounts. While it might not be cheap as a whole, per piece you get a cheaper rate. So try to ask your printing company if they can offer you bulk discounts or wholesale discounts for a certain number of prints. This is a great way to save a lot of money on a lot.
5. Unbranded printers - Finally, you can try going for unbranded printers. By this, I mean hiring printers that are not promoting their brand too much but have a decent reputation. Sometimes, when printing companies get too popular, they add on costs for their promotional expenses. That is why it is good to look for the good printers that do not spend too much on their brand. With a little extensive search online, you should be able to get those great printers.
Now it should be easy for you to print cheaper and better. Just remember the notes above and set all the best and cheap printing options for your custom postcards.