Bolton, United Kingdom (PressExposure) August 27, 2014 -- Greater Manchester-based law firm Asons Solicitors have introduced new employee satisfaction initiatives as part of a campaign to maintain their accreditation as a 'Best Company to Work For'. As the CEO, Dr. Imran Akram explained, Asons is: "Not your traditional law firm", and the staff should "never have that Monday morning feeling".
The business is already offering a dental plan, eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers, discounted car leasing, a generous pension scheme and Casual Friday. But it's the range of extra benefits that have helped to elevate Asons to the position of Bolton's most attractive employer. Asons Solicitors looks to build upon this success, having already achieved an 81% employee retention rate.
HR Manager, Sarah Ainscough, stated that: "Our efforts to attract inventive talent have resulted in a young and imaginative leadership. Between us, we've have pushed the firm into uncharted territory as far as employee satisfaction goes, and we've succeeded. We've broken the stuffy image of your stereotypical law firm and managed to improve morale and motivation, I'd love to see other firms in our industry trying out similar initiatives."
It's the inventive list of extra features that have helped to cement their reputation as one of the legal industry's most attractive employers. In August alone they introduced:
1) The Social Committee - organising firm-wide events such as theme park excursions
2) The Asons Foundation Charity Committee - driving fund-raising efforts to aid the local community and vital charities
3) The Employee Committee - offering a forum for team members to voice suggestions for change to both process and policy within the firm
4) A revitalised Break Room - complete with sofas, HDTV, Xbox 360, a pool table, fruit bowls, vending machines and a foosball table
5) Gifts & Incentives - including the likes of vouchers, gift sets, tablet PCs, free lunch and event tickets
6) Corporate gym membership, five-a-side football team and a running club to maintain employee wellbeing, reducing the instances of sickness and absence
7) Referral Scheme - with cash rewards for employees that bring their friends on board
8) Everyday Benefits Love2shop and Gourmet Society Cards - providing various retail discounts
9) 'Friday Eve' - a fun Thursday of incentives and competitions with prizes and treats galore. The contests can include racing space hoppers down the length of the office
The benefits are part of the reason why Asons is currently operating at an office capacity of 306, when a year before the staff numbered 124. By the end of 2015, the business plans to have moved into brand new, purpose built HQ offices with an expanded roster of 600 people and yet more exciting facilities on the site (to yet be revealed). Named as a 'Best Company' in 2013, and accredited with the Investors in People Gold standard each year since 2008, Asons has reinvented the notion of job satisfaction for the legal profession.