US Spinal Surgery Devices Market - Increasing Procedures to Drive Growth

London, United Kingdom (PressExposure) December 11, 2009 -- The US spinal surgery devices market is forecast to reach sales of $3.9 billion in 2015. The market is forecast to witness a CAGR of 8% during 2008 – 2015. This growth is expected to be driven by the large pool of people over the age of 65 years in the US. Spinal fusion devices are expected to reach sales of $3.4 billion while the spinal non fusion implants market will be worth $545.5 m in 2015. In 2008, the spinal fusion segment contributed 87.2% towards the total revenues, while the remaining 12.8% was contributed by the spinal non fusion segment.

For further details, please click or add the below link to your browser:

The US has a high percentage of people over the age of 60. This group of patients is increasing at 3% every year and will drive the future growth in the spinal surgery market. There is a direct relation of spinal disease and aging. As people age, they are more prone to diseases of the spine. Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD), Disc Herniation (DH) and stenosis of the spine, all of them correlate directly to aging. The large pool of aging population in the US will translate into increasing number of people being added to the spinal disease affected population. This aging population has led to an increase in the incidence of spinal diseases over the last decade, which in turn is expected to fuel growth in the US spinal surgery devices market.

For further details, please click or add the below link to your browser:

Patients suffering from DDD are usually prescribed spinal surgery if they have end stage DDD. A large group of patients in early to mid stage DDD are not prescribed spinal surgery. Motion preserving technologies such as total artificial disc replacement and dynamic stabilization have allowed an increased percent of patients to undergo spinal surgery with motion preservation. A minimally invasive technology that not only provides motion preservation but also prevents further degeneration in patients with early to mid stage DDD is nucleus replacement. This new technology, yet to be approved in the US, is now being touted as a device that could increase the procedure volumes of spinal surgery by allowing treatment of patients previously considered ineligible to undergo spinal surgery.

For further details, please click or add the below link to your browser:

A new report by GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, finds that the increasing incidence of degenerative disc disease and increasing aging population in the US will provide huge growth and investment opportunities for the Spinal surgery market in the US. GlobalData’s report, “US Spinal Surgery Devices Market: Increasing Procedures to Drive Growth”, highlights this growing aging population as one of the key market drivers for the spinal surgery market in the US.

Or Visit our report store:

About GlobalData

GlobalData is a global market intelligence services company providing information research and analysis products and services.

Press Release Source:

Press Release Submitted On: December 11, 2009 at 12:45 am
This article has been viewed 18124 time(s).