Kent, Uk (PressExposure) July 21, 2011 -- This is the one room in the house where you get to spend a bit of time alone. So turning this room into somewhere that you want to be is a good idea. Below are a few tips which might help you to ensure you get more from your bathroom.
* Because bathrooms tend to be smaller than other rooms in your house, it is no surprise that some people find them to be a bit claustrophobic. But if you want to create the illusion of more space, you should make a point of installing a large mirror in the bathroom. If you choose a mirror with a nice wooden frame then this can add a lot of natural beauty as well as space.
* If you intend to purchase a new bath be sure to check it out first of all. Looks can be deceptive and the only way to judge its comfort is to actually sit in it. Don't worry about looking odd sitting in a bath in a shop. Every clever bath buyer will be doing the exact same thing.
* One of the most important elements of any bathroom is the toilet. You should spend as much as you can on your toilet so that you are comfortable when you are sitting on it. If you spend a lot of money on decorating your bathroom but don't have a comfortable toilet then you may have wasted your money.
* Try to have an overall design time for your bathroom. Unless you do this, your bathroom could end up looking a bit of a mess. You will find plenty of design ideas for bathrooms in magazines or online.
* The floor that you choose for your bathroom should be something durable. The bathroom floor tends to suffer plenty of abuse so you need to make sure you choose something that can cope with this.
When house hunting, many people pay a visit to the restroom before checking other things out. The showers obviously an important aspect of this. Oftentimes the shower is just an extension to the bath; many instead prefer shower enclosures. In today's day and age though, the electric shower is what it's all about.