New York, NY (PressExposure) March 26, 2009 -- Diaton Tonometry is a revolutionary approach to measuring intraocular pressure (IOP) THROUGH THE EYELID - no contact with the cornea, no anesthesia or sterilization is required. BiCOM's pen-like, hand-held, portable device is perfect for measuring eye pressure and helps ophthalmologists and optometrists in diagnosis and prevention of blindness caused by glaucoma. This ophthalmic device is irreplaceable for mass glaucoma screenings.
Diaton Tonometer is intended for use by Inpatient & Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing & Elderly Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
Tonometer Diaton is the solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
* mass prophylactic screening of patients;
* IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
* ortoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma and during select the adequate hypotensive therapy;
* ophthalmotone monitoring (even at night time);
* IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out),
* IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
* IOP measuring in children.
* on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
* on patients with medicinal allergies;
* Lasik / LASEK / PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
Diaton tonometer is a perfect device for mass screenings for glaucoma for any age group. Undiagnosed and untreated, glaucoma can cause blindness. Glaucoma is the leading cause of blindness in all age groups - from babies to senior citizens. Everyone needs to get diagnosed to preserve eyesight.
Diaton Tonometer will be showcased in BOOTH # MS1121 by BiCOM Inc. and Optimetrics Inc. Florida's largest Hispanic Ophthalmic Leader. With well over 20 years of experience providing quality, new and used ophthalmic equipment and supplies to ophthalmologists, optometrists and optical retailers. Located in Miami; one of the largest exporting and importing ports of the United States Optimetric offers the latest technology in equipment available today. State of the art showroom displays a variety of products ranging from a simple bulb to a visual field analyzer, chairs and stands, autorefractors, corneal topographers and much, much more.
The founder, Amado Diaz, was the youngest ophthalmic dealer in the country when he started Optimetrics, Inc. His training and experience cover a wide globe of suppliers in the ophthalmic industry from companies like Haag-Streit, Topcon, Marco, Humphreys, Carl Zeiss, Sonomed, Tomey, Katena, RH Burton, Welch Allyn, HGM Laser, Canon, Nikon, AIT, Essilor, Vision-Ease and many others.
More information on Diaton tonometer, including clinical trials data can be found at http://www.TonometerDiaton.com or by calling BiCOM Inc. at the toll free number 1-877-diatons (877.342.8667). Diaton tonometer is delivered complete with training Video/DVD describing full procedure step-by-step in addition to the Test/Training Eyeâ¢ which is included with each unit.