Surrey, United Kingdom (PressExposure) May 29, 2013 -- Vocality, a global network router manufacturer and supplier of voice and data network routers to the satellite communications market, has announced the immediate release of VOS 8, Vocality Operating System Version 8. This represents a significant step forward in routing software for local and wide area network operations.
Building on its success with VOS 7-which introduced increased routing and optimization features- Vocality significantly increases its core network routing software to bring major benefits to users of satellite networks, tactical edge, and high-performance routing applications.
VOS is the routing system used in network routers deployed in DoD, MoD and many international defence, NGO, aid, and commercial satellite operator voice and data networks. The latest release brings a significant under-the-hood boost to the potential of VOS as a viable alternative to the big two in network routing. For example, VOS 8's inclusion of VoIP capabilities from Metaswitch, adds SIP Registration and Proxy Server capabilities to Vocality's product line.
Core features of VOS 8 include:
- SIP Registration and Proxy Server
- Enhanced Enterprise Management Features bringing management via its new web-based GUI, and new SNMP features
- Enhanced Radio over IP (RoIP) functionality for push-to-talk radios supporting multicast requirements
- Full Upgrade of its Core Routing Functionality in partnership with Green Hills Software
- Environment for upgraded WAN Optimization Technology coming in 2013
- Expanded Network Security with Transport Layer Security (TLS) enabling features such as secure web management
VOS unlocks significant potential for bandwidth-saving and improved application support in the field of high-reliability, bandwidth-optimized, field deployed communications. Its features are applicable for everyone from war fighters to the news gatherers, from explorers to ship passengers, and from military transport to unmanned drones.
VOS 8 is available for the full BASICS and PRO ranges of routers and multiplexers.
For more information on Vocality and their communication software and services, please visit http://www.vocality.com.
Tel: +44 1483 813 130 Email: email@example.com