Sandy Springs, GA (PressExposure) January 27, 2014 -- Wheel:Life, an online community for wheelchair users worldwide, has published 10 Fundraiser Ideas to Help People with Disabilities as a new e-book on Amazon.com. Wheel:Life publications center on sharing resources and support for people who use wheelchairs.
Within 10 Fundraiser Ideas to Help People with Disabilities, readers will discover brainstorming ideas for different types of fundraiser events to benefit an individual with a disability who needs financial assistance for medical equipment, physical rehabilitation, adaptive sports equipment or daily medical needs.
Author Lisa Wells shares real-life examples and success stories throughout the book based on her lengthy healthcare marketing career that includes more than 20 years of ongoing interactions with healthcare providers, disability advocates, non-profit supporters and peer support group members.
"Wheel:Life receives hundreds of inquiries each year from people who are seeking advice on ways to raise money for medical equipment, adaptive sports gear or specialized health care," Wells says. "While Wheel:Life doesn't have the funds to financially support these requests, we are able to provide intelligent support by offering resources like this book."
10 Fundraiser Ideas to Help People with Disabilities features:
- Paralympian and UroMed founder Bert Burns on how he raised support to begin his career in wheelchair racing
- Project Walk Atlanta participant Leslie Ostrander on how she raised money for additional rehab
- The founders of 100 Songs for Kids and their annual music event that benefits children's medical charities
- Rolling Inspiration creator Chris Salas on how he lined up sponsors for his SCI peer support group and power soccer team
- The creators of Hunter's Torch Daylily Garden, a fundraising resource for a child with special needs.
- The Independence Fund - a little known source of financial support for disabled US veterans.
Available for purchase at Amazon's Kindle bookstore, the book retails for $1.99. Proceeds from the book go toward funding additional Wheel:Life programs for the wheelchair community that they serve.
Note: If you have a disability and are facing a financial challenge, you can request a free copy of this book at: http://wheel-life.org/free-book-series/
Wheel:Life publications are funded by the generous support of their corporate sponsors, who include At Home Medical, Medtrade, SPORTS 'N SPOKES, Hollister Incorporated, Cure Medical and Invacare.
About The Author
Lisa Wells is a veteran of online marketing and e-commerce, with more than 20 years of experience in public relations, marketing communications and web-based product management at medical device, medical supply and health technology companies. As a consultant, she has advised on the development of numerous online marketing programs and strategic marketing plans for HME providers and medical device companies worldwide.