Shenzhen, China (PressExposure) July 16, 2009 -- Smart phones are getting cheaper and cheaper now. Diversified shopping channels, like wholesale mobile phone [http://www.actfind.com/categories/wholesale-Branded-Cell-Phones/], retail or online store, allow us an easy access to high quality and best-priced smart phones. They are not exclusive phones for prosumers (professional consumers) who have high salary and special technical demand any more. Every one of us could own one if we want and our budget condition permits. But do you know why smart phones are smarter and what makes them smart?
According to definition in the Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone/], a smartphone is a mobile phone offering advanced capabilities, often with PC-like functionality. Unlike we use traditional mobile phones, smart phone users have the initiative to install, configure and run applications as they like (tradition phone always forces users to adapt to obey their rules). The following are key features of smart phones:
1. Cell phone functions. As its name indicates, smart phones undoubtedly could make and receive calls. Some of them are even WiFi-compatible.
2. Operating systems. Operating systems, which allow these high end gadgets to run productivity applications, are the most important software in a smart phone. The common systems include Symbian, Linux, Windows Mobile, Java, and Garnet OS. Some smart phones are made with unique operating systems, for example, Mac OS is installed on Appleâs iPhone.
3. Qwerty keyboard. The keyboard is very similar to our computer keyboard, but it is not in alphabetical order. If we want to type A, B, C, we need to tap the number 1.
4. E-mail handling. Besides sending and receiving text messages, it is capable of handling e-mails. Some of them only support one e-mail account, some could support multiple e-mail accounts and some even offer you access to instant messaging services.
5. Audio and video display. Smart phones are able to play audio and video files in certain standard formats.
6. Data synchronization. A smart phone could sync with different applications, such as Apple's iCal calendar programs.
7. Software. Some advance smart phones allow us to manage our Microsoft Office documents. We could delete, create and edit just like we work on a computer.