Budapest, Hungary (PressExposure) March 30, 2009 -- Devart development team has announced today the release of dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server 1.00, a sofisticated tool specially designed to meet your specific comparison tasks, help analyze schema differences at a glance, and synchronize them correctly, saving time and efforts.
The key features of dbForge Schema Compare 1.00:
* Correct comparison of complicated schema structures Being often used in many industry sectors, schemas with complicated structures are not a trivial task to deal with. In contrast to similar tools, dbForge Schema Compare pays special attention to such schemas. It guarantees correct comparison and synchronization of such major database objects as tables, views, stored procedures, functions, users, roles, user defined types, schemas, and xml schema collections.
* Automatic object dependency tracking and resolving dbForge Schema Compare compares all object types (even excluded ones) to find the objects not selected for comparison, but dependent on the included objects. When synchronizing the selected object types, the program will list the objects you need to include into synchronization to produce an error-free synchronization script, compatible with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
* Partial synchronization While synchronizing the Target and Source databases, you can preserve required object properties in the Target database. For example, you would like to synchronize the column types, but preserve the primary key in the Target database after synchronization, you select the Ignore Primary Keys option and get the desired result.
* Comparison between various SQL Server versions You can compare schemas both on the same or different SQL Server versions. Schema Compare supports SQL Server 2008, 2005 (including Express editions), and 2000 (including MSDE edition).
* Highly customizable schema mapping Both automatic and manual (custom) schema mapping are at your disposal. You can use manual mapping to compare schemas with different names, do "one-to-one", "one-to-many", or "many-to-one" comparison.
* Easy to use wizards for schema comparison and synchronization Convenient comparison and synchronization wizards guarantee quick and clear process completion and offer additional options to produce the desired result. For example, you can select only required object types to compare, backup the Target database before synchronization, choose either to execute the generated synchronization script or just open for preview, etc.
* Quick comparison results management Besides a convenient display of schema differences, dbForge Schema Compare provides essential options to tremendously simplify their analysis and save your time. You can filter the comparison results by name or difference type, easily group by object or difference type, include only required schema objects into synchronization at a first glance.