Bloomfield Hills, Mi (PressExposure) December 23, 2009 -- eMOTION! REPORTS.com, (www.emotionreports.com) an automotive/aerospace industries research and analysis site founded in 2001 targeting professionals within the academic, media, corporate and government sectors, has recently released â2009/2010 Auto Industry Analysis: GMâs Transition to Chinaâ that takes dead aim at the primary culprit in the near destruction of the US industrial base and financial sector meltdown: China.
In driving the point home, several key statements, based on observable, quantifiable data are made:
1. General Motors Company is now under the de facto control of the China auto sector.
2. The bankruptcy and rush to sell-off core GM assets inclusive of Opel, Saab, Saturn, Pontiac, Hummer and GMAC, was all part of a well orchestrated strategy launched over two decades ago by Beijing to capture the US auto industry, even as Japan, South Korea and Europe, in a notably less destructive way, had initiated their own.
3. The implementation of this strategy was aided and abetted by shortsighted and irresponsible individuals within industry, government and academia.
4. Recommends that Saab and Volvo are immediately nationalized to prevent total capture by the China auto sector, which in several instances has been represented by front companies.
5. Commends those European countries, inclusive of Belgium, Spain, UK and the Flemish government, who worked together to prevent the selloff of Opel; a circumstance representing profoundly negative economic implications had it been accomplished as originally intended.
6. Reveals, based on still classified data and imagery within US State Department and Department of Defense (DoD) archives, that Mao Zhedong, in a move echoing that of Josef Stalin, ordered the extermination of old and infirm Chinese he deemed unable to work in the aftermath of his defeat of the nationalist forces of Generalissimo Chaing Kai-Shek in 1949. The number of those killed in the days and weeks transpiring subsequent to order issuance, at least 70 million and as high as 120 million, exceeds by several orders of magnitude the known estimates in the 1949-1976 timeframe which included âThe Great Leap Forwardâ. As such, history is changed: This is the worst atrocity ever perpetuated on humanity by humans, and the government responsible still exists in ideologically the exact same form.
7. That China, through continuous and exponentially intensified espionage activities over decades, has succeeded in stealing core industrial and defense technologies inclusive of Lockheed-Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor, Lockheed-Martin F-35 Lightning II, Boeing C-17 Globemaster III and the whole of the Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) system.
eMOTION! REPORTS.com Publisher Myron D. Stokes, an award winning former Newsweek, Newsweek Japan and Newsweek International correspondent, notes that the content of this analysis is virtually devoid of assertion, opinion and subjectivity to the extent possible. "As we stated in a 2003 release relative to the analysis 'Super-Globalism: Strategies for Maintaining a Robust Industrial Base Through Technological, Policy and Process Improvement', it is not our intent to be fair and balanced, but to present the facts as we know them to be."
The analysis in many ways is powerfully supported by the recent findings of the United States-China Economic and Security Review Commission in its 2009 Report to Congress. Among its determinations:
* China's role in the financial sector meltdown on a global scale to advance its own economic interest.
* China's extensive use of foreign propaganda and its efforts to influence public opinion and policymaking in the United States.
*China's use of subsidies and other trade distorting measures in violation of its international commitments.
* China's detailed industrial policy designed to attract foreign investment and production and to create "national champions" to compete on a global scale.
Significance of Congressional Report According to national security strategist and Director of MBA Programs, Walsh College, Dr. Sheila Ronis, "For years, the USCC has produced substantive data in support of its Congressional mandate to monitor China's compliance with the qualifying parameters of WTO membership. These data have been presented yearly since 2000 with increasing levels of concern. This year's report will forever lay to rest the dismissive opinions of those China apologists who placed profit ahead of national security."
And if one is inclined to think that USCC report is mere China-bashing, think again: US Intelligence services have confirmed that China, through its unrelenting espionage activities, has succeeded in stealing the core operational and manufacturing technologies for Lockheed-Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor, Lockheed-Martin F-35 Lightning II, Boeing C-17 Globemaster III and the whole of the LMCO Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense system. The latter being core to US naval defensive and offensive capabilities. Conversely, GM and Ford management can assume that everything --inclusive of Ford's Simplified Flexible Cell-based Manufacturing Process recently installed, foolishly, in China facilities -- they know about their own technology and process, their China auto sector partners know. In other words, the teachers have outlived their usefulness.
"China's role in this disaster,â said Stokes, "Is not dissimilar to the findings of a colleague, Michigan State University Professor of Physiology Dr. Robert Root-Bernstein in his 1993 pivotal work "Rethinking AIDS: The Tragic Cost of Premature Consensus" which sought to change the conversation and the research direction for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Dr. Root-Bernstein, reflecting the findings of fellow researchers, postulated that contrary to the accepted assumptions relative to AIDS disease pathology and epidemiology which took the stance -- elements of which are still largely intact even today in the medical research community and expressed publicly by the CDC that HIV equals AIDS -- the virus instead acts as an adjuvant and potentiator causing preexisting and concomitant infections to behave synergistically. The body's immune system, no longer being able to differentiate between friend and foe, declares war on itself (this is what Sun Tzu advocated in "The Art of War"). This, we believe, is a most appropriate analogy in that the concomitant elements represent traditional auto industry leadership, the unions, automotive and business media, the supplier base and policy makers who, against their own mutual best interest, have engaged in decades of antagonistic behavior towards each other. This, China has exploited brilliantly and ruthlessly", he said.
Dr. Ronis corroborates this contention. "Abundantly clear at this juncture,â she says, âIs that those in leadership positions within industry and government, both here and abroad, have not read their Sun Tzu, and they now find themselves in mortal combat with those, the Chinese, who are masters of the game."
The analysis can be accessed via the following links:
http://www.emotionreports.com/home.html (âGM Rebornâ)
Stokes further notes that "Another way of looking at this is that of someone shooting you at close range and then offering triage to stop the bleeding, Think of China's 2008 activities in terms of shoring up the crumbling economies of various western countries through large purchases of various goods inclusive of BMW and Jaguar vehicles. As Confucius ably articulated in c.469 B.C., âWhere there is arrogance, there is opportunity.â"
Stokes also believes that media should rethink their approach to industry reportage especially with critical infrastructure involved that is part and parcel to national and economic security. âWith rare exceptions found amongst colleagues at the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Detroit News, Oakland Press, Bloomberg and Business Week, an incurious automotive and business media has been a hand maiden in an unmitigated disaster almost totally of our own makingâ, he said. "Commendably, these colleagues, despite pressures from editorial boards, corporate PR personnel and media peers to take the path of least resistance, maintained the highest standards of journalism."
Stokes recalled mentioning to a corporate PR associate recently concerning the criticality of Chinaâ activities: "The Barbarians are not at the gate, they are inside the gate. Applying a modern warfare scenario, the battle status is so dire, the enemy so close, we have to call in an airstrike on our own position."
Re-evaluation of Position China itself will have to re-evaluate its position that is being revealed as designed to overtake the US economically and militarily. "China must understand", concludes Ronis, "That it would not be in their best interests to continue pursuit of certain ideological objectives at the risk of further geo-political destabilization, and missed opportunities to address shared concerns relative to common and serious threats."