Austin, TX (PressExposure) April 06, 2011 -- Two brand new music releases by a brother band from Texas hits the streaming community. "Method Dancing pt. 1," by the Austin, TX duo The Daily Brothers, is available online via Bandcamp: thedailybrothers.bandcamp.com. The 5 track set is the first part of a double EP series to be released in 2011 by the Brothers. This is a follow up to last Fall's full length album "Hot Damn!". Recorded at various domestic dwellings from Grapevine, TX to Austin, this EP series will demonstrate a deeper understanding of songwriting and production from their previous recordings.
On this set the DBs have embraced influences as far reaching as John Cage, Harry Nilsson, St. Vincent, and even the soul of Stax Records.
1. Never Going Home Again is Thomas Wolfe with surf rock tom rolls.
2. The Workplace features the voice of the DBs visual artist Keegan K and revels in a wash of viola...John Cale's dream!
3. Damsel imagines Nilsson singing with The Band and even experimenting with "chance" music techniques.
4. The Hardest Part of Dreaming is a song for insomniacs. It also sounds a little like mountain music from outer space.
5. Unfinished Business was the first single from the EP and has a Stax flavor groove.
The basic tracks were recorded in Grapevine, TX in Dec. 2010 and Jan. 2011 with overdubs and mixing completed in Austin in Feb.
Produced, Mixed, and Arranged By: The Daily Brothers
All Songs By: The Daily Brothers
The "Blast Famous" Mixtape contains 18 tracks written and recorded between 2004-2010 by the brothers and is available at: http://www.noisetrade.com/thedailybrothers.
The musicians on both sets are:
Chris Daily-lead gtrs, bass, alto sax, viola, drums/percussion, keys, fife, mandolin, and vocals
Keegan Kinney-vocals and artwork
For more information and/or further promo requests respond to this email.
Thanks for listening,
The Daily Brothers