East Arlington, TX (PressExposure) January 13, 2010 -- Are you tired of traditional catalog printing? Do you want to do away with your photocopied or mimeographed catalogs? Do you want to go high tech with catalog printing to make better output in less time?
Well to do this, you will need some of high tech tools. Let me give you seven of my most favorite tools that you might want to use.
1. Digital Templates - Templates are a simple buy very high tech tool. Today's digital templates can be quite detailed. Not only can you download catalog templates with the proper dimensions and settings for printing, most already have nice guidelines for the printing bleeds and even some design elements like borders and backgrounds that you can edit or move around. This should quicken your printing process quite a lot, giving you more time to focus on the real design.
2. Collaborative Software - If you are working with a lot of people in the catalog and there are several parts that people jointly work upon, then one high tech tool that should organize things is a collaborative application. This kind of software, which is also known sometimes as "project software" basically helps people remember who did what in a project and helps people communicate with each other.
In this case, in your catalog design, your team can track who done what, the changes made and how it can affect the other parts of the document. You do not have to go on meetings too much since everybody basically knows what the others did. Moreover, this can organize your schedules and can even help you backtrack to any previous changes that you might want to bring back. This can really be convenient especially if you have a big project with lots of people on the staff.
3. Digital Cameras - For your color catalog images, there is no question that the digital camera is the best tool you can use for it. Since it is very easy to take pictures, delete them and take them again with digital cameras, you do not have to waste money on films and development. Everything can be done with the digital camera and you can just upload the images to the computer for instant editing and placement. Whether you are an expert or a novice, digital cameras can help in producing an output easily without incurring extra costs.
4. Image Enhancement Software - Speaking of images, another thing needed this day is image enhancement software. Since you want your pictures to look the best that they can be for the product, it is wise to always enhance your images when necessary. Good thing that software like Adobe Photoshop is well suited to enhancing images to make them look the best. Always have a similar application like this when you do some printing projects.
5. Publishing Applications - Word processors and other desktop publishing software is also a high tech tool you should very well consider using. This helps you design your draft a little faster, and in some cases, you can even use the free templates that you can download on the Internet in these applications. You can try Microsoft Publisher or even OpenOffice Writer for these purposes.
6. Digital Printers - If you need to print quite quickly, a digital printer might really help with the problem. No more waiting 1 week to arrive. If the opportunity presents itself, you can just load up your design and print within a few minutes. Quick sample printing can save you in a lot of situations really. So see if you can get a nice large digital printer for your home or office. They can be quite useful.
7. Online catalog printing - Finally, if you have time, one of the best tools I use is online printing. Printing online can be pretty convenient since everything is done at the comfort of your own home or office. Your project will be printed quite expertly without any real trouble from your part. It is a safe, easy and reliable tool especially for businesspersons who have a lot in their mind.
Therefore, those seven high tech tools can help you. Be sure to try to use all seven to make your printing more successful in the future.