Los Angeles, CA (PressExposure) February 01, 2013 -- The National Association of Professional Organizers - Los Angeles (NAPO-LA) presented their 7th Annual Organizing Awards on January 26, 2013, at the Sheraton Universal Hotel in Universal City. Comedienne Trish Suhr, known for her role as the "Yard Sale Diva" on Clean House, the home improvement TV Show seen on the Style Network hosted the Awards Ceremony. The Professional Organizing and Productivity industry handed out 25 awards ranging from Best Home Organizing Product, to Closet Design Firm, to Best Green Organizing Service and Product (complete list of categories appears below).
The theme of this year's Organizing awards was Dreaming Big - Shining Bright and recognized the best in the Professional Organizing and Productivity industry. Professional Organizers who set the standard for home and business productivity will be acknowledged for their accomplishments, along with those products and services that help consumers and businesses organize anything and everything. This year's awards honored individuals and/or companies that represent the best of the best in the Professional Organizing and Productivity industry,
"Being nominated for an organizing award is one of the highest honors in the professional organizing and productivity industry. It is validation from colleagues of the success you have achieved and the mark that you have made within this profession," says Nadine Levy, President, NAPO Los Angeles. Levy adds "NAPO Los Angeles is thrilled to host this event and continue the tradition of excellence."
This year's sponsors included City National Bank, 1-800-Got-Junk, Wells Fargo Advisors, Blackrock Investment, Polsinelli Shughart Law Firm, TCB Insurance, The Container Store, Office Max, SMEAD, Avery Dennison, ACCO Brands, The Tote Buddy, Citrix/Go To Meeting, Neatreceipts, Fujitsu, Neatnix, Gladiator, Martha Stewart Office with Avery, PODs, Beezeley Management, Steri-Clean, OrganizIT!, Esselte, Go Junk Free America, and Organize.com.
For more information on the National Association of Professional Organizers - Los Angeles (NAPO-LA) and for Professional Organizer referrals, please visit http://www.napola.org or call (213) 486-4477.
7th Annual Organizing Awards Winners
* Best Home Organzing Product - Ziploc® Bags
* Best Small Space Organizer - Elfa (The Container Store)
* Best Organizing Technology - Applie iPhone
* Best Garage Design Firm - Gladiator Garage Works
* Best Organizing Book - "Lighten Up: Love What you Have, Have What You Need, Be Happier with Less" By Peter Walsh
* Best Services Provider to the Organizing Industry - ShelfGenie®
* Best Green Organizing Service - Eileen Koff, CPO, To The Next Level
* Most Valuable Educational Resource - Institute for Challenging Disorganization
* Best Closet Design Firm - Elfa (The Container Store)
* Most Educational National TV Show About Organzing - Hoarders
* Best Organizing Product Retailer - The Container Store®
* Best Publication Featuring Organizational Information - Real Simple Magazine
* Most Supportive or Organizer-Friendly Charity - Goodwill Industries®
* Best Organizing Mobile App - Evernote®
* Best Show Incorporating Organizing on National TV - Hoarders
* Best Organizing Website or Blog - Unclutterer
* Best Office Organizing Product - Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanners
* Best Business Organizer - Donna McMillan, McMillan & Co Professional Organizing
* Philanthropy Award - Barry Izsak, CPO®, CRTS, Arranging It All®
* Best Photo/Memorabilia Organizer - Photo Savvy Organizing
* Best Chronic Disorganization Expert - Geralin Thomas, Metropolitan Organizing®
* Most Innovative Organizer - Regina Lark, Ph.D., CPO® A Clear Path
* Leading Edge Award - Katherine Macey, Organized to Excel, Past President, NAPO-LA
* Volunteer of the Year - Jean Furuya, The Office Jeanie
* Raising the Bar Award - Tara Kenavan, Twenty-One Times Organizing
About the Organizing Awards The 7th Annual Organizing Awards is presented annually to honor outstanding achievements and contributions to the organization and productivity profession and to recognize professional organizers, organizing retailers, organizing products, services and resources, charities, technology providers, authors and the media. This year the celebrity host is Trish Suhr. Production support is provided by The Dave Linden Group and Wide Angle Events. NAPO-LA continues to bring innovation to the industry this year as they prepare to honor those that stand out in the organizing industry. The Gala Industry Exchange offers a multitude of exhibitors who will feature new products, services and technologies, all designed to showcase the benefits of better personal productivity, time saving techniques and the advantages of living in a streamlined home and office environment - just what the organizing awards are all about. Not-to-be-missed are the fabulous prizes being raffled off throughout the evening and, of course, an exciting and memorable celebration of our industry during an elegant dinner and awards show.
This fundraising and public awareness event is produced and presented by the Los Angeles chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO-LA), a not-for-profit organization meeting IRS Tax Code 501(c)3 requirements. Proceeds from the event benefit NAPO-LA educational programs.
About NAPO - Los Angeles
NAPO-Los Angeles is a non-profit, professional organization dedicated to developing, leading and promoting professional organizers and the benefits of better home and business organization. The Founding Chapter of the National Association of Professional Organizers, "The Organizing Authority®," NAPO-LA has provided members with a forum for networking, professional development, and raising public awareness since 1985. The NAPO-Los Angeles - Host of the Los Angeles Organizing Awards 10573 West Pico Blvd, #134, Los Angeles, CA 90064 - napola.org - organizingawards.com - (213) 486-477 NAPO Los Angeles is a legal entity separate and distinct from NAPO, Inc. (the National Association of Professional Organizers) and is not entitled to act on behalf of or to bind NAPO, contractually or otherwise.