Northbrook, IL (PressExposure) November 05, 2012 -- Athena is approaching the Northeast, as residents are just beginning to recover from Sandy. Allstate recommends residents listen to instructions from local authorities and take appropriate steps to prepare for the next storm.
Allstate Insurance has set up Mobile Claims Centers to help policyholders in East Coast markets following Sandy. These self-contained motor coaches are equipped with generators, satellite technology and high-speed internet connectivity so Allstate's National Catastrophe Team can set up temporary claim locations and provide policyholders claim support in areas hardest hit by a storm. With the coming storm in mind, Allstate will adjust the deployment of its mobile claim centers and personnel on the ground as conditions require.
Claims personnel are also available 24/7. Allstate customers who suffered damage can call 1-800-54-STORM (800-457-8676), go online to http://www.allstate.com/claims/report-claim.aspx or contact their agent to file a claim or receive additional information about the claims process.
Once it is safe, Allstate Insurance recommends residents carefully inspect their homes and vehicles for damage.
If possible, Allstate recommends homeowners follow these easy tips now that can make the recovery process easier on you and your family.
Before you leave...
- Collect all your important papers and documents. This includes bank and financial information, as well as your bills and checkbooks.
- Some coastal homeowners may have their insurance for wind and flood with a different insurance company than their primary homeowners insurance policy. Make sure to gather all of your insurance information, like homeowners, flood, wind and auto insurance carriers and policy numbers, so you are able to initiate a possible claim with the appropriate carrier quickly after the storm.
- Think carefully about what items are easily replaceable by insurance and what items are not, like family heirlooms, keepsakes and pictures
- Review your homeowners insurance policy to determine whether it provides for additional living expenses when you are prohibited from using your home because of civil authority orders. Contact your agent with any questions.
- Review your auto policy to determine whether you have coverage for flying objects or rising water. Contact your agent with any questions.
If you leave...
- Respect local authorities and law enforcement decisions on when to evacuate and when it is safe to return home.
- Tell your neighbors where you will be going and exchange contact information.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer. Widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®" slogan, Allstate is reinventing protection and retirement to help nearly 16 million households insure what they have today and better prepare for tomorrow. Consumers access Allstate insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the U.S. and Canada, as well as via http://www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®. As part of Allstate's commitment to strengthen local communities, The Allstate Foundation, Allstate employees, agency owners and the corporation provided $28 million in 2011 to thousands of nonprofit organizations and important causes across the United States.