Highland, Michigan (PressExposure) October 18, 2011 -- Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an invisible and odorless gas that could build up in your home, threatening the health and safety of you and your family.
CO poisoning is caused when appliances fueled by natural gas, propane, oil, wood, kerosene, gasoline or charcoal don't operate properly or are installed or used incorrectly.
These appliances include stoves, water heaters, furnaces, space heaters and more. Idling vehicles in closed garages, blocked chimneys or other venting problems also can cause dangerous levels of CO in homes.
To help protect yourself and your family, make sure all fuel-burning appliances are installed and maintained properly. Have your furnace cleaned and inspected annually by a qualified technician. If you suspect carbon monoxide is in your home, call a qualified contractor to check. There may be a fee for this service.
Pets can be the first to exhibit symptoms of CO poisoning.
In Illinois it is now law to have one in the residence. Locate the carbon monoxide detector as recommended in the directions but need to really have it located within fifteen feet of the sleeping quarters.
AAA Appliance Service Center® now sells Kidde brand carbon monoxide detectors. All Kidde CO detectors include the company's patented Nighthawk electrochemical CO sensor. These detectors re-sample the air every two minutes and give you an accurate reading to best protect yourself and your family from potential harm. The life you save might just be your own.
About AAA Appliance Service Center®: James Dolbeare operates AAA Appliance Service Center®. Since 1950, their factory trained technicians have provided appliance repair and installation services. They are factory authorized for most major brands and licensed by the Cook County Consumer Affairs Department. Their technicians are skilled at refrigerator repair, freezer repair, oven repair, range repair, dishwasher repair, washer repair, and dryer repair.
Submitted By: Right Now Marketing Group, LLC