Narellan, Australia (PressExposure) September 16, 2009 -- Remonda Martinez, Manager for Blue Haven Pools says that as market leaders, they have made it their priority to set a new standard in the industry by developing environmentally friendly products so that consumers can enjoy all the benefits of owning their own pool without impacting on the environment. She explains, "While pools have been perceived as a drain on water resources in the past, we've looked at every aspect of pool construction and maintenance with a focus on every possible water wise and energy saving solution. The benefits also extend beyond the environment with many of the innovations set to reduce the time and cost of maintaining the pool as well.
For prospective pool owners wanting to keep their pool "green" Blue Haven offers this 10 point check list:
1. Design - While Blue Haven are up for the challenge of building any shape or style of pool you can imagine, they advise that a free form pool generates more efficient water circulation so less time is spent filtering the pool and thus using less electricity.
2. Location, location, location - By selecting a position for the pool that maximises its exposure to natural sunlight to boost solar heating capacity and retention, saving on electricity and money!
3. If you have a preference for instant heating and so a solar heater will not meet your needs, buy green power to offset the emissions and run the heating system only when necessary.
4. Reduce the strain on falling water levels by having your pool filled with spring water sourced from deep inside the earth. Blue Haven offers this service with their pools for the cost of cartage only.
5. Make landscaping an integral part of your water wise plan, by planting a drought tolerant garden and creating a windbreak with bushes, trees and fencing to reduce the amount of water evaporation. Blue Haven has teamed up with Jamie Durie's landscape design firm, PATIO to assist with this.
6. Use a solar blanket to retain the heat at the same time as minimising water evaporation. Plus it will keep the debris out reducing cleaning time!
7. Have Blue Haven dig a hole for an underground rain water tank while doing the pool excavation so you can top up your pool with rain water and enjoy all the benefits of a watertank without the visual impact.
8. Save hundreds of litres of water a year by using a Hydromaster Cartridge filter instead of sand which requires backwashing.
9. Become the ultimate "green" pool owners by simply enjoying as much leisure time as possible in your pool, thus, reducing your carbon footprint by having heaps of fun at home , while saving money on entertainment as well!
10. Enjoy your pool at night by using eco friendly and cost efficient solar lights.
With over 70,000 satisfied customers, Blue Haven's reputation for quality, reliability and personal service is the best in the industry. Building over 10 times more than its nearest competitor Blue Haven is able to pass the bulk savings on to customers, delivering the best-priced pool guaranteed. Blue Haven's fixed timing contracts also ensure that all pools are completed on time, every time!
Getting your pool in shape for summer
While most of us spend Spring trying to shed the extra pounds we gained in winter and shape up for Summer, Blue Haven also advises that this is the perfect time to get you pool in ship shape!
To ensure your pool is at its sparkling best, Blue Haven have devised a 10 point check list that is guaranteed not only to have the pool looking great, but will also ensure that it is environmentally friendly!
Remonda Martinez, Manager for Blue Haven Pools explains, "Being better water managers should be a priority for us all nowadays, so its important for pool owners to be water-wise and aware of the many things they can do to ensure that their pool is sustainable."
Blue Haven's 10 point check list can infact save water, energy costs and cleaning time!
1. Check filters and pipe work for leaks which may save hundreds of litres of water. One drip per second can waste up to 7,000 litres of water a year!
2. Check the water level, ensuring its only half way up the skimmer opening. Overfilling the pool reduces the effectiveness of the skimmer and wastes water.
3. Use a pool cover or solar to stop evaporation by 97%, reduce heating costs and cut salt and chemical use by up to 50%. Plus it will keep debris out so you can spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it.
4. Convert to solar heating. After the initial investment, it will provide free heating so you can enjoy your pool all year round.
5. Install an inexpensive stormwater diversion device, for around $100 from a hardware store, so you can top up the pool with water collected from the roof.
6. Check plaster interior surface as it's the most susceptible to staining, bacteria growth and breakdown from chemicals, in turn requiring more chemicals to maintain a balanced water chemistry. If your pool needs resurfacing, you could benefit from one of the new low maintenance interiors which will also increase the value of your pool.
7. Keep your pool properly filtered and chemically balanced to protect against unnecessary emptying and backwashing more than necessary as excessive backwashing can waste up to 2000 litres of water. Get your water tested at the pool shop for a correct product diagnosis. Then maintain the chemical balance by sanitising and killing bacteria, removing wastes to prevent algae growth, vacuuming and emptying skimmer basket, the pump and lint basket..
8. Use your pool to train and keep in shape, while saving on gym fees and travelling time, with the addition of the latest hydro therapy equipment
9. Even more mature pool owners who may not be as steady on their feet nowadays can rediscover the joy of aqua therapy by having it modified for disabled access with the addition of a hand rail or structural re-modelling to include a shallow wading area, larger step ins and safety ledges.
10. Become the ultimate "green" pool owners by simply enjoying as much leisure time as possible in your pool, thus, reducing your carbon footprint by having heaps of fun at home , while saving money on entertainment as well!
With more than 70,000 satisfied customers, Blue Haven's reputation for quality, reliability and personal service is the best in the industry. Building over 10 times more than its nearest competitor Blue Haven is able to pass the bulk savings on to customers, delivering the best-priced pool guaranteed. Blue Haven's fixed timing contracts also ensure that all pools are completed on time, every time!