Kent, VT (PressExposure) June 09, 2009 -- More than half of Holidayextras.com customers would book a round-the-world trip if they were as wealthy as the Queen.
To mark the Queen's official birthday on June 13, Holiday Extras asked customers what kind of luxury holiday they would choose if they were as rich as our monarch. Fifty one per cent of those responding said they would travel round the world.
A break on a private island got 22 per cent of customers' votes in the online poll, with a six-star cruise and a trip on a private yacht each appealing to 11 per cent of customers.
Just five per cent of Holiday Extras travellers fancied a stay in the penthouse suite of a top hotel. Unable to take a holiday herself, the Queen will be working on June 13 and will attend Trooping the Colour which is held in her honour.
Mike Whiting, managing editor of Holidayextras.com, said: "Cash is a big issue for everyone right now, but it's always fun to dream about where we would go if money were no object.
"With many holiday bargains and great value travel add-ons available, you don't actually need to be as rich as the Queen to afford a well-earned break."
For advice on holiday finances and a range of other travel topics, visit http://www.holidayextras.com/experts.
- Results are based on the responses of 481 Holiday Extras customers taken between April 14 and 21, 2009.
At Holidays Extras you can choose from a range of different services which include pre-booked airport lounges, travel insurance and gatwick parking.
Holiday Extras are an award winning travel company. Just a few of our awards include:
- Travel Weekly Awards - Best Holiday Add-ons & Best Travel Trade Website
- Travel Bulletin Awards - Best Holiday Add-ons
- Channel Chamber Awards - Innovation in Technology Award
Some fast facts about Holidays Extras:
- Turnover of Â£165 million per annum
- 104,000 airport lounge bookings a year
- Offer hotels at 25 UK airports
- 900 employees in the UK and more than 70 in Germany