Carbon Monoxide and Clothes Dryer Vent Maintenance in Butler County, Ohio

Fairfield, Ohio (PressExposure) June 01, 2008 -- Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that interferes with how the body processes oxygen; it can be dangerous and deadly. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, nausea and disorientation. The dangerous gases are produced inside homes where carbon-containing fuels are incompletely burned. The gases must be vented to the outside.

When oil or gas furnaces, cooking appliances, water heaters and fireplaces are not properly vented, carbon monoxide can build up inside homes. Two common sources are the gas furnace heat exchanger and the gas water heater. Newer homes have been built to be more energy efficient, therefore, the gases have fewer places where they can escape and there are fewer places where fresh air enters the home. A proper ventilation system provides fresh air for complete combustion to keep fuel-burning equipment working properly and safely.

It is important to be sure all combustion equipment and appliances in a home are properly installed and have adequate ventilation. Have them checked and cleaned each year to be certain that they are working safely and efficiently. This includes your clothes dryer. Be sure it is venting properly and the vent tubes are not clogged with lint. Also, don’t use all the home’s exhaust vents and the clothes dryer at the same time; this could create negative pressure in the house, pulling carbon monoxide back inside.

Find out more about dryer vent safety and fire prevention at []

Dryer Vent Wizard professionally inspects and cleans clothing dryers for homeowners and in commercially-owned buildings. Poorly maintained dryer vents cause fire hazards and cost substantially more to operate.

About Right Now Marketing Group


Dryer Vent Wizard

This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group

Press Release Source:

Press Release Submitted On: May 29, 2008 at 8:33 pm
This article has been viewed 19645 time(s).