Detroit, MI (PressExposure) September 02, 2008 -- Did you know that 89% of annual incomes over $50,000 are earned by owners of small businesses? But, four out of five small businesses don't last five years. What is the difference between success and failure? Knowledge.
With the economic slowdown in Michigan, more and more people are thinking of starting their own businesses. And those individuals, who are in business, need to be able to increase their sales and reduce their expenses. It is the primary objective of classes to help these two groups of people.
The workshop will cover such items as the
* 10 "hottest" businesses for 2009,
* How to slash hundreds off your taxes,
* Why 90% of business opportunities are a "rip off,"
* The 20 biggest "pitfalls" in starting and running a small business,
* How to price your product or service,
* The secrets of making money on eBay,
* How to get 75% of your new customers from the Internet, and
* How to start with very little cash.
The 2-hour free workshop is open to the public. No reservations are necessary.
This "shirt-sleeve" workshop has been presented for 25 years, and has helped thousands of individuals transform their ideas into growing businesses.
This workshop will include a free 12-page workbook. Bring a pencil, a calculator and your business questions.
The time and locations are:
* Flint, Saturday, 8/16, 9 a.m., Holiday Inn, 5353 Gateway Center
* Bay City, Wednesday, 8/20, 7 p.m., Quality Inn (formerly Holiday Inn), 501 Saginaw Street
* Saginaw, Saturday, 8/23, 9 a.m., 4960 Town Centre Road
CMU's workshops and reaches out to people in Genesee, Shiawassee, Midland Lapeer, Saginaw and Bay Counties, including the cities of Burton, Grand Blanc, Owosso, Midland and Freeland
If you have any questions, please contact: Edward King firstname.lastname@example.org Speaker-Off Campus Programs Central Michigan University (CMU) Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858 (586) 771-3618
Press Release By: Right Now Marketing Group