Washington Dc, MD (PressExposure) May 18, 2009 -- There are good-looking websites and there are poorly designed ones. Whether youâve been maintaining your site for several years already or you are just thinking of starting one, you donât want your site to be among the poorly designed ones. According to an Orange County Web Design company, some people make the mistake of designing their own sites without proper knowledge of web design. While getting an Orange County Web Design company to develop your website, it does not guaranteed your siteâs success. It is not vital for you to get an expert on Orange County Web Design just to have your site look professional and good-looking. Taking note of the common web design mistakes listed below is one step towards making sure that your site is not categorized among the poorly designed ones.
* Bad Layout/Design. Make sure all your web pages are not ugly, unbalanced, and overloaded. Even if you are the one designing your own site, you could always ask the opinion of your friends and family. Ask those who regularly surf the internet, they would have a good idea of whether your site looks well designed.
* Scrolling Text Marquees/Constant Animation. Adding several cute animations to your webpage may be tempting but so many movements on a webpage takes away the eyes of the visitor from the most important part of the page, the content.
* Non-Standard Links. Itâs a given that there will be links on your web pages. Make it easy for your visitors to identify those links by standardizing the format of these links (i.e. same font, same color).
* Bad Navigation. A site whose navigational menu takes you somewhere else is like giving wrong directions.
* Orphan Pages. Make it easy for your visitors to navigate around your website by making sure that all pages have links to the homepage.
* Long Scrolling Pages. The most important part of a web page is the top-fold. The farther down the page your content is, the less likely it will be seen or read.
* Slow Loading Pages. Waiting can be frustrating for most people. Keep your visitors by making sure that your pages load quickly.