Jersey City, NJ (PressExposure) October 18, 2011 -- Comodo (http://www.comodo.com), one of the top certificate authorities and Internet security organizations, recently announced the release of its Internet Security 2012 software. Comodo® Internet Security 2012 (CIS 2012) software delivers malware prevention that is unparalleled in the industry and backed by the company's $500 warranty.
CIS 2012 guarantees protection of computers against viruses and malware through Comodo's patent pending Default Deny Protection. Unlike other Internet security vendors, Comodo's solutions do not rely solely upon blacklisting known threats from executing on a computer. Blacklisting can only protect computer users from known threats and therefore cannot protect users from new malware created every day. Comodo's Default Deny Protection, however, uses a combination of firewall, antivirus, host intrusion prevention, automatic sandboxing and behavior analysis to create an impenetrable shield that identifies safe, unsafe and questionable files and thereby decreases the chances a new virus can cause harm. And unlike any other security company, Comodo guarantees customers with up to $500 warranty for repair costs by an authorized Comodo representative should a PC become infected while under its protection.
Industry analysts estimate upwards of 70 percent of websites are infected with malicious code and close to 90 percent of unwanted emails contain spam or malware. Couple the rate at which dangerous code is introduced, with the proliferation of social networking, and computer users are at an increased risk of infection and damage while working online at home or at work. In fact, according to the Ponemon Institute, businesses experience at least one malware attack every day.1
"The rate at which new malware is coming on the market is staggering," said Melih Abdulhayoglu, Comodo's CEO and chief security architect. "Only Comodo, through its unmatched ability to prevent viruses and other malware infections, can offer consumers and businesses alike a guaranteed product, but it's time for the rest of the industry to put its money where its mouth is."
New features in CIS 2012 include:
* Seamless integration of Comodo Internet Security (CIS) with Comodo Endpoint Security Manager (ESM) 2.0 Business Edition for a complete security solution
* Enhanced Defense+ protection mode in 64 bit operating systems to better address the proliferation of viruses and malware
* Significantly reduced memory consumption so computing resources are not compromised by the security software
* Improved antivirus engine with a significantly reduced signature database size to improve performance
* Simplified installation to improve service levels and reduce workloads for IT departments
* New, personalized configuration options for popup and antivirus alerts
* Streamlined user interface themes that allow computer users to quickly assess the status of their security solutions
* Firewall compatibility with Bluetooth Personal Area Network (PAN) adapters
* Improved scanning of files residing on bad disk sectors
1 "Global Survey on Social Media Risks", released October 6, 2011, conducted by the Ponemon Institute© and sponsored by Websense, Inc.®WBSN) (NASDAQ:
Comodo® is a leading Internet security company. With U.S. Headquarters in New Jersey and global resources in UK, China, India, Ukraine, and Romania, Comodo provides businesses and consumers worldwide with security services, including digital certificates, PCI scanning, desktop security, and remote PC support. Securing online transactions for more than 200,000 businesses, and with more than 35 million desktop security software installations, including an award-winning firewall and antivirus software, Comodo is Creating Trust Online®. To learn more, visit Comodo's website: http://www.comodo.com.
For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:
Office: +1 (201) 963 0004 x4073