Chennai, India (PressExposure) July 12, 2011 -- 1. AIM: The overall aim is to participate in ICCD 2011 efforts and Cleanup the stretch of Coast between Pulicat and Cheyyur, a portion of the Cooum River within Chennai City and major coastal tourist destinations along the Tamil Nadu Coast (a length of 230 KM ) upto the nearest coastal belt road with Diverse Environmental Issues and Coastal Activities and with a view to ensure Local Participation and create awareness in them. The Indian Maritime Foundation (IMF)www.indianmaritimefoundation.com is the National Coordinator for India under the overall worldwide programme of the Ocean Conservancy,USA, http://www.oceanconservancy.org . The cleanup along the above Coastal Areas will be carriedout under the aegis of the Indian MaritimeFoundation,ChennaiBranch email@example.com . Read More: http://findnearu.blogspot.com/
2. PLAN: Encouraged by the continued success of the ICCD in 2009 &2010 ( where India ranked 12th and 04th Positions in World Order ) , the proposal is to Cleanup the above Coastal Areas and Educate Local Population and Students from 0630 hours to approx 1030 hrs on Saturday the 03rd Sep 2011 in twenty three (23) Blocks as per Enclosure to this paper,covering a Coastal belt of 230 KMs. An estimated 3500 dedicated over 10000 public volunteers will be mobilized by the Nodal Agencies and the Blocks Coordinators to meet the objectives under the aegis of the IMF, both from within and outside their organizations.
3. EXECUTION: The Detailed Planning and Methodology will be given to the Nodal Agencies by the IMF Chennai Branch atleast a fortnight before the Event , based on the Ocean Conservancy, USA Model WorldWide, so as to Collect Garbage/Trash, etc from the Sea Coast in Bags and their Proper documentation ,evaluation and Disposal through the Local Civic Authorities. Information will also be collected on Protection of Marine Habitat/Species for indepth study . Awareness campaign on socio economic issues by dissemination to the coastal population by the volunteers will also be undertaken based on sponsors with coastal population interest . The IMF will supply the Kits for Collection as well as the Appreciation Certificates to Team Leaders and Participants duly funded by the Chosen Sponsors, who will get due Publicity. A Pre Event Press Conference will be held at Chennai by the IMF around 01st Sep 2011 with all Concerned Nodal Agencies and Civic Authorities to Highlight the Movement's aim of keeping our Coastal Belt Clean and Preserve our Coastal Heritage. Nodal Agencies will intimate the details of the achievements to the IMF by noon on 03 Sep 2011 for Post Event Coverage by the Press/ Media (Print,Electronic and Radio). The Vice President IMF will debrief the Media in the afternoon of 03 Sep 2011.IMF/Nodal Agencies will carefully collect data, analyse their trends and then involve the Local civic authorities for gradual elimination of such garbage along the respective municipalities/Panchayats, etc. In achieving the aim, the nodal agencies shall invoke the active participation of the local civic authorities as well as the students (both colleges and schools) in their Areas for Effective Coastal Cleanup Programme. Read More: http://findnearu.blogspot.com/
4. Sponsors/Advertisers:-The Indian Maritime Foundation, Chennai Branch invites Sponsorships/Advertisers with publicity for the ICCD Movement from Renowned 'Green' Corporates, Govt Organizations and Firms with Social Responsibility to cover the Costs of the Event. The Estimated Cost of Conducting the ICCD for the stated 230 KMs Coastal Stretches is Rupees18,00,000(Rupees Eighteen Lakhs only).ProminentVIPs and Public Personalities are expected participate and contribute to the success of the mission. Since we Prepare Well and Execute the Mission with Credibility as in yester years , INDMARFCB seeks your Generous Sponsorship/Advertiser for the ICCD 2011 as folllows:
a. Platinum Coastal Clean Sponsor/Advertiser - Rs 6 lakhs
b. Gold Coastal Clean Sponsor/Advertiser - Rs 3 lakhs
c. Silver Coastal Clean Sponsor/Advertiser - Rs 1.5 lakhs
d. Bronze Coastal Clean Sponsor/Advertiser - Rs 75000
The major Sponsors/Advertisers will get adequate publicity through Banners, ICCD Brochures and Kits for cleanup, apart from Media Coverage.
CONCLUSION: The ICCD will not only help to clean and showcase the coastal belt, but will create awareness and educate the public and the students from the nearby colleges and schools to value our Coastal Heritage, besides spreading relevant social messages. The Event will be covered by the Media and on internet. In addition, the next issue of the IMF magazine "Seagull" will carry writeup on the subject. The Results of the Cleanup will be disseminated to the Local Civic Authorities and the Govt in due course , with view to take corrective measures to reduce/eliminate the type of such
Garbage /Trash along their respective Coastal Areas. The overall Cleanup Details will be disseminated to the Ocean Conservancy in USA , with a view to achieve progressively world's number one ranking (from the No 4 position in 2010)
5. Depending upon the Logistics, Experience and Success, the movement under the IMF will be enlarged to longer coastal areas in future in different parts of the coastal states.
6. Sponsorship/Advertisements may be issued only by crossed cheques/demand drafts in the name of " INDMARFCB" payable at Chennai