Long Beach, New York (PressExposure) September 19, 2008 -- Unique Tonometer Diaton is presented at European Society of Cataract And Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) meeting in the city of Berlin, Germany. Trans-scleral and Trans-palpebral (through the Eyelid) Tonometry lets surgeons determine Intra-Ocular Pressure (IOP) shortly after surgery. The new Diaton Tonometer allows for quick non-contact screening of IOP though eyelid, independent of the cornea.
ESCRS is Europe's leading organization for cataract and refractive surgeons and is at the forefront of developments in anterior segment surgery. The society currently has 4,000 members from over 90 different countries worldwide. The event provided great exposure for Diaton Tonometer allowing for surgeons to fill in the gap.
Portability and simplicity make Tonometer Diaton ideal for a wide range of uses: mass screening of the population, at the patient's bedside, in geriatric homes, in children hospitals, for the military and for home use.
Diaton Tonometer is intended for use by Inpatient And Outpatient Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing And Elderly Homes, General And Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists and Optometrists.
Tonometer Diaton is the perfect solution in the following cases when the use of other devices is problematic or impossible:
* Mass prophylactic screening of patients;
* IOP control during clinical observation of glaucoma patients;
* Orthoclinostatical probe, as an additional test to diagnose glaucoma during selection of the adequate hypotensive therapy;
* Ophthalmoscope monitoring (even at night time);
* IOP measuring during contact correction (without need to remove contact lenses)
* IOP measuring in immobilized patients;
* IOP measuring in children.
* on patients with the following conditions: chronic conjunctivitis, cornea pathology, including keratitis, keratotone, cornea dimness, after penetrating keratoplastics, keratoprosthesis, laser refractive correction of the eyesight, high degree of ametropy, astigmatism;
* On patients with medicinal allergies;
* Lasik/ LASEK /PRK (recent clinical trials have proved that Diaton is the only device that can be used for IOP measurement right after these surgeries)
Besides determining the potential for glaucoma onset, Diaton tonometer vs. other tonometers, Diaton can be used repeatedly during the day with no effect on the eye. The attendees of ESCRS are intrigued by the ease of use Diaton tonometer allows to measure IOP through the eyelid independent of the cornea.
BiCOM Inc. covers the full scope of customer service, which involves client training, follow ups, hotline support, sales support, etc. To get more information on the device or to make a purchase, visit the official website - http://www.TonometerDiaton.com, or call BiCOM at the toll free number 1-877-diatons (877.342.8667).
BiCOM Inc., the global distributor of Tonometer Diaton is committed to preventing blindness worldwide through outreach, education and most importantly, mass screenings.