Fort Worth, Texas (PressExposure) February 24, 2011 -- In 1996, Fe-Lines, Inc. President and CEO, Bonnie Pemberton, discovered that cats hated the feel of anything sticky on their paws. With this in mind, she developed a proprietary, specially-formulated adhesive on strips that applied directly to home furnishings... and thus Sticky Paws® behavior modification products were born.
Fifteen years later, and millions of packages sold worldwide, Sticky Paws® has saved 25 million cat toes from amputation, and thousands of cats have remained part of a loving family rather than being surrendered or euthanized due to destructive and unwanted behavior.
Over the years, Fe-Lines has added other Sticky Paws® products to the line, all of whichdeal with behavioral problems and wellness aspects in a safe and cost effective way. In addition, a portion of all proceeds from Sticky Paws® as well as product donations are given to worthy animal charities each month in the form of our "Buddy Fund".
Sticky Paws® products have received numerous accolades and awards, including:
· Editors Choice Awards from Cat Fancy® magazine in 1997 & 2003!
· "Excellent" review by CATsumer Report in 1999!
· Formally "Endorsed" by the CATNIP! Newsletter in 1999!
· First ever two-year "Seal of Approval" from the ASPCA® in 2000!
Sticky Paws® products have been recommended in award-winning books, including:
· Complete Kitten Care, by Amy D. Shojai, a nationally known authority on pet care and behavior, a spokesperson for Purina®, and an award-winning author of more than a dozen nonfiction pet books.
· Kittens for Dummies, by Dusty Rainbolt, a nationally known authority on cat care and behavior, and an award-winning author and a regular contributor to the Whole Cat Journal and City + Country Pets.
· The Cat Fanciers' Association Complete Cat Book, by Mordecai Siegel, a nationally known, highly-regarded and widely published authority on pet care.
· Think Like A Cat, by Pam Johnson-Bennett, a Certified Animal Behavior Consultant and clinical member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. She is the author of a number of award-winning and critically acclaimed books and one of the country's most well-known and popular experts on cat behavior.
At Fe-Lines, Inc., our philosophy is simple: Make life better for animals and the people who love them....and for fifteen years, we've been doing just that. We'd like to thank the pet industry and millions of loyal customers for a decade-and-a-half of humane behavioral training...the best is yet to come!