Bristol , Avon United Kingdom (PressExposure) January 20, 2012 -- The adoption of cloud computing services in the UAE is likely to be driven by leading government departments in 2012, according to Indranil Guha, the Head of IT Infrastructure at Commercial Bank.
Speaking with Business Cloud News' Charlie Bestall in preparation of the Cloud Computing World Forum Middle East & Africa 2012, Mr Guha said he expected the UAE government to play a pivotal role in the nationwide adoption of cloud computing, stating: "Once one of the leading (UAE) Government Departments takes that first bold step we will witness the 'Cloud' starting to gain acceptance and picking up momentum".
However, Mr Guha also added that some companies still had concerns about cloud, and that "IT leaders within the UAE are still wary about company's key information and IP lying outside the local geography".
Mr Guha will form part of an expert panel discussing "when to go to the cloud and when to stay on the ground" at the Cloud Computing World Forum Middle East & Africa, on 28th and 29th February.
Held at The Address, Dubai Marina, UAE, the forum will provide those interested in the topic of cloud with the opportunity to meet, learn and collaborate with leading vendors and fellow delegates.
Indranil Guha is one of over 20 leading cloud experts already confirmed to speak at the event. Other speakers for the show include:
- Roger MacFarlaine, VP Technology & Systems, Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts
- Ashraf Shokry, COO, Ajman Bank
- Mahesh Jaishankar, VP Strategy & Investments, Du
- Ajay Rathi, IT Senior Manager, DAMAC Holding
- Tareq Alemadi, Head of IT, Office of Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser
- Mario Foster, Group IT Manager/CIO, Rawabi Holding
- Asif Iqbal, GRC Expert, Auditor, Educator, Consultant
- Mohammed Shah, VP Technology Infrastructure & Services, Knowledge Economic City
- Jassim Mohammed Sajwani, Executive Director Corporate Services, Aswaaq
- Gordon Penfold, SVP IT, Etihad Airways
- Illyas Kooliyankal, Senior IT Security Officer, Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange
- Zaki Sabbagh, CIO, Zamil Industrial Investment
- Emad Khatib, Advisor and Former CIO, Emcredit
- Ahmed Baig, CISO, Abu Dhabi Government Entity
- Amit Kanchan, Director of Information Technology, Abjar Hotels
- Ali Bhayani, Former COO, Michigan State University Dubai
- Bassem Aboukhater, Regional IT director Leo Burnett
The show will also feature a free-to-attend exhibition. To register for the event then please visit the website, [http://www.cloudcomputinglive.com/mea], or call the team on +44 (0)845 519 1230.
For further information on speaking opportunities, sponsorship and exhibition options please contact the Keynote team on +44 (0)845 519 1230 or email email@example.com