Kent, Uk (PressExposure) July 22, 2011 -- And if you added up all this wasted money over a whole year, then it could amount to quite a bit money. Few of us can afford to waste money nowadays so here are just a few tips to help you save money on rail travel in the future.
* A return ticket may not always be the cheapest option so don't just assume it will be. This is particularly true when it comes to travelling from one city to another in the UK. The cost of single tickets varies quite a bit depending on the time of day and which day you are planning to travel. It is worth checking out the price of two singles and comparing this with the price of a return.
* If you travel quite a bit then you should definitely think about frequent traveller schemes. You can save quite a bit of money by getting a yearly or monthly travel pass so you should think about this.
* Make sure you are on the lookout for special offers. Unless you look out for these deals then you could miss them altogether.
* If you are able to book in advance then you should be able to get your ticket at a cheaper price.
* Young people and students of all ages can usually get tickets at a discounted rate. If you want to avail of these discounted prices then all you will need is a valid student ID card. You can get a student card even if you are only doing night classes. Don't assume that all student discounts are only for teenyboppers.
* If you are taking a long train journey then you might be wise to check out the prices of a number of different routes. If you are prepared to change trains along the journey then you can save quite a bit of money.
If the north west of England is your end point on a train journey, one of your main concerns will have to be advance train tickets. Keeping informed with information of the trains to Manchester is vital so you can get to the places you want to go on time. Regardless of whether or not it is trains to Manchester or trains to other places; being aware of these schedules will save you loads of aggravation.
Digital Connected Media Ltd