Washington, DC (PressExposure) May 24, 2013 -- IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering (TNSE) will publish peer-reviewed technical articles on the theory and applications of network science and the interconnections that form a network. The networks covered range from information, biological, and semantic networks to economic, social, and ecological networks.
Produced by the IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Communications Society, and IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, the journal seeks articles on understanding, prediction, and control of structures and behaviors of networks.
Applications are currently being accepted for an inaugural editor in chief to serve a three-year term. Candidates should possess a good understanding of industry, academic, and government aspects of the field, demonstrated managerial skills, and the ability to attract respected experts to the editorial board.
Major responsibilities include
* soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors and, with support from publication staff, helping these authors get their manuscripts published;
* identifying and appointing editorial board members, with the concurrence of the Publications Board;
* selecting manuscript reviewers, with the help of editorial board members, and managing reviews of manuscripts;
* directing editorial board members to seek special-issue proposals and manuscripts in specific areas;
* providing a clear, broad focus through promotion of personal vision and guidance where appropriate; and
* resolving conflicts or problems as necessary.
Applicants should possess recognized expertise in the understanding, prediction, and control of structures and behaviors of networks and must have employer support. Prospective candidates are asked to provide (as PDF files), by 15 July 2013, a curriculum vitae, a brief plan for the publication's future, and a letter of support from their institution or employer. For more information on the search process and to submit application materials, contact Kathy Santa Maria email@example.com.
Margo McCall, Corporate Communications Manager
(714) 816-2182 (office)
(714) 822-9253 (mobile)