Leicester, United Kingdom (PressExposure) August 09, 2009 -- What are the ideal ingredients for a home based franchise? In my view, an ideal home business should allow you the flexibility to work the hours you see fit in a business that is pleasant to operate whilst at the same time offering you the ability to make a decent residual income.
Here is my list of what I believe are ideal ingredients that all proper home based franchises must possess:
1) For a franchise to be successfully run from home it must not involve a lot of stock. Let's face it; no one wants to fill their house with inventory! One of my friends supplies greeting cards from home and his house is filled with stock. Everywhere you look, from his garage to his attic, his home is overflowing with boxes of greeting cards!
2) You should be able to manage your home business without taking on too many employees. How many of us would like to have staff turning up for work every day? Ok, I guess that at the most, we could all probably sustain one employee if we had a large home office, but that is it!
3) Most if not all of your meetings should be conducted at your clients' premises. Who wants customers trekking in and out of the house all day? Could you handle regular visitors that often do not respect your trading hours?
4) A proper franchise that you can manage from home must offer you the ability to create a residual income stream. There is very little point in cold calling, making appointments, visiting the potential customer and selling your product or service, for this to be a one off! It takes a lot of time and effort to get a new customer. A proper home business must allow you to do business with that new customer over and over again.
5) Your franchise must be very low cost! How many of us have piles of money to start a home business? Very few I guess. Not only must the initial investment be low, but also the ongoing expenses should be low as well.
6) The only reason for buying a franchise over starting your own home business is that you do not need to reinvent the wheel. Therefore a proper home franchise must already have decent marketing material, training manuals, online forums and offer you proper telephone support during normal working hours.
Do you know how hard it is to find a franchise that has all the above ingredients? CityLocal fulfils all the above conditions!
With CityLocal, you can manage your business from home. You do not need any stock! You can run the business on your own, without any employees.
All your meetings can be conducted out with your home. Once you sign up a customer, you can do business with that customer repeatedly.
Your initial franchise fee is very low as are the ongoing royalty payments. We do not ask you to pay a huge sum at the end of every year. Rather, we collect a small monthly fee so that there are no big demands to pay at the end of the year.
We have already prepared all the marketing material you need. Our training manual is very comprehensive and is backed up with over 40 training videos that you can access day or night. In our online forum, you can chat to us and other franchisees that are running the same business you are and exchange ideas.
So if you like the idea of a franchise that is a home based internet business, and offers you the chance to get repeat business from local customers please visit our website at http://www.citylocal.co.uk/businessfranchise/
Alternatively, please call our Franchise Enquiry line on: +44 8448 844 815