Mumbai, India (PressExposure) June 21, 2014 -- The Bajaj Group has made a positive impact on peoples lives with focused efforts in diverse areas like education, healthcare, rural development, economic independence, social and cultural welfare and environment protection. However, the Group strongly believes that it has a lot more to contribute in its journey of altruistic pursuits.
- Providing financial aid for coaching underprivileged children who aspire to join India's premier engineering education centre, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Upgrading Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) in Pune, Pantnagar and Aurangabad and donating used machinery to ensure better training and job orientation - Promoting education of girl child from scheduled castes and tribes in the Thane district and ensuring that they don't drop out of school
- Organising additional study classes with the help of teachers and volunteers for students who can't cope with their studies
- Donating funds to establish 4 Chair Professorships at IIT - Powai, the highest honour for faculty members for their contribution to research and teaching
- Planning and supporting the establishment of the Rahul Bajaj Innovation Centre by IIT - Powai
Shaping global professionals through the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
JBIMS was founded by the University of Mumbai in collaboration with the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University with donation from the Jamnalal Bajaj Seva Trust. Here students are groomed into well rounded management thinkers and practitioners through an in-depth curriculum and mind-stimulating co-curricular activities. Even the institute's library is a perennial fount of knowledge with a collection of over 40,000 books including classics and latest writings by management gurus. Students gain so much from the institute that they are moved to reciprocate. The two classrooms revamped by its alumni stand testimony to that.
The Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS) takes pride in its Indian roots while readying management professionals to take on global challenges. Established in 1965, the institute gave India its first full time 2-year Masters Programme in Management Studies (MMS). Admired as one of the oldest business schools in India, JBIMS ranks as one of the top 25 business schools in the Asia-Pacific region.
Educating and empowering women with the Jankidevi Institute of Management Studies (JDBIMS)
Jankidevi Bajaj was a visionary who firmly believed that education had the power to effect gender equality. It is only appropriate that an institute that transforms women into management professionals is named after her. Established in 1997, Jankidevi Bajaj Institute of Management Studies is a centre of Management Studies and the Postgraduate Department of Management Education of the SNDT Women's University. The institute offers full-time and part-time Masters Level and Postgraduate Diploma courses in management and prepares women for global careers.