Manchester, United Kingdom (PressExposure) April 19, 2013 -- Leading housing developer, Miller Homes, will be helping potential homebuyers on all stages of the property ladder make their next move following the launch of the Government's new Help to Buy scheme.
Miller Homes will be offering the scheme, which is now available to home movers as well as first time buyers, at its developments across the country.
Help to Buy will offer assistance for buyers who only have a small deposit of around 5% through the provision of a 20% equity loan from the Government for those who meet the qualifying criteria, meaning buyers only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society.
This is an extension of the existing FirstBuy scheme and applies to new build properties up to the value of £600,000 in England.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: "We are delighted to be able to offer Help to Buy to our customers. The introduction of this initiative provides another welcome boost to the housing market by offering more help for those who only have a small deposit.
"Increasing the supply of low deposit mortgages to a wider range of people, including those who are looking to move up the ladder as well as first time buyers, will have a positive impact on the market overall."
Miller Homes currently has more than 50 developments across England featuring a range of properties which cater for the needs of a wide variety of buyers, from those looking to purchase their first home to growing families and downsizers.
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 new homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK - Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk