London, United Kingdom (PressExposure) December 08, 2009 -- Make a big entrance this festive period with ideas from Moyses Stevens florists in London on how to create the perfect Christmas wreath.
1. Buy a luscious green wreath with natural foliages; either spruce or fir.
2. Flowers are often more expensive throughout the festive season, so it is nice to use dried fruits, fir cones, cinnamon and twigs as an alternative to create a homely and elegant design.
3. Heavier items are best wired to your arrangement and dried or hard good are best hot glued.
4. Take inspiration from your home for the colours you use. Rich and vibrant reds and greens are often the most delicious colours for the festive season with tangy dried oranges also proving popular.
5. Hang the wreath to begin creating.
6. Distribute the decorations in a balanced and grouped format around the wreath placing all fir cones in one area and dried fruits together â this ensures a more ornate design.
7. Firmly push the items of decoration into the wreath, placing each item close together so any wires or glue are completely hidden.
8. Entwine the dried fruits, fir cones, cinnamon and twigs at different heights and lengths. This will ensure the varying textures are visible.
9. Adorn the wreath with a beautiful festive material ribbon â either place in the position of a bow or entwine around the circular wreath.
10. Mist the arrangement with water gently and carefully to ensure longevity of the fresh elements of your wreath.
For further information, photography or interview, please contact Orla Colgan at APR Communications on 020 7351 2227 or email: email@example.com