Los Angeles, CA (PressExposure) January 03, 2012 -- Pan Am: Music From and Inspired By the Original Series, a collection of music from and inspired by the ABC television drama, slated for January 17, 2012 CD release from Verve Music Group, is a non-stop flight back to the early '60s. The collection features 14 songs by Buddy Greco, Bobby Darin, Ella Fitzgerald, Stan Getz & João Gilberto with Antonio Carlos Jobim, Peggy Lee, Shirley Horn, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66, Billie Holiday, Count Basie, Brenda Lee, Connie Francis and Dinah Washington, plus new artists Grace Potter and Nikki Jean.
According to the Verve Music Group's SVP of A&R Jay Landers, "The Pan Am series goes to great lengths to capture the dawn of the jet age with accuracy, and music plays a vital role. Many of the artists of the era are found in the classic Verve catalog so it was a great synergistic opportunity." Also, S-Curve/Universal recording artist Nikki Jean sings the Lennon & McCartney classic "Do You Want To Know a Secret."
The TV series Pan Am follows the travels of a young flight crew as they set off on international adventures at the dawn of the Jet Age in the 1960s. The show captures a time when only a few could experience a global adventure or gain a front-row seat to history. Those lucky enough flew Pan Am, the largest, most prestigious airline in the world. More than Coca-Cola, Elvis Presley or the transistor radio, Pan Am exported American culture to the world abroad and brought that world back to American shores. The crew travels to intoxicating cities such as Paris, Berlin, Monte Carlo and Rome and bumps into history along the way. Through their eyes, Pan Am revisits an era nearly half a century ago. So, buckle up . . . adventure calls . . . and thank you for choosing Pan Am.
1. Buddy Greco - "Around The World"
2. Grace Potter - "Fly Me To The Moon"
3. Bobby Darin - "Call Me Irresponsible"
4. Ella Fitzgerald - "Blue Skies"
5. Stan Getz & João Gilberto w/Astrud Gilberto and Antonio Carlos Jobim - "The Girl From Ipanema"
6. Peggy Lee - "New York City Blues"
7. Shirley Horn - "The Best Is Yet To Come"
8. Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - "Mais Que Nada"
9. Billie Holiday - "Just One More Chance"
10. Count Basie - "I Can't Stop Loving You"
11. Brenda Lee - "Break It To Me Gently"
12. Nikki Jean - "Do You Want To Know A Secret"
13. Connie Francis - "Quando Quando Quando (Tell Me When)"
14. Dinah Washington - "Destination Moon"
New episodes of Pan Am will air starting January 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. The series stars Christina Ricci ("Penelope") as Maggie, Margot Robbie ("Neighbours") as Laura, Michael Mosley ("Justified") as Ted, Karine Vanasse ("Polytechnique") as Colette, Mike Vogel ("The Help," "Blue Valentine") as Dean and Kelli Garner ("Going the Distance") as Kate. Series creator Jack Orman ("ER," "Men of a Certain Age"), Thomas Schlamme ("The West Wing," "Parenthood"), Nancy Hult Ganis ("Akeelah and the Bee") and Steven Maeda ("Lie to Me," "Lost") are executive producers. Pan Am is produced by Jack Orman Productions, Out of the Blue Entertainment and Shoe Money Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.