Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh India (PressExposure) April 29, 2011 -- Report Reserve announces addition of Renewable Policy Analysis - April, 2011 Report. To access this report please visit [http://www.reportreserve.com/reportdet.php?company=GlobalData&report=Renewable%20Policy%20Analysis%20-%20April,%202011&reportid=28633]
This report includes policy updates on the major countries. There are 12 news stories covered in the report. In addition to it, the following two articles are covered in detail:
1. Renewable Energy Initiatives For Romania
The energy mix of Romania includes a significant share of hydropower (mainly large hydro), while the rest of its energy mix comes from fossil fuel and nuclear power plants. Being a European Union (EU) member state, by 2020 Romania has a target to generate approximately 24% of energy from renewable sources. To promote the production of energy from renewable sources, the Romanian government established an incentive scheme (quota system) for electricity generated from renewable energy sources. The EU has established a common energy policy to reduce the effects of climate change in all the EU states including Romania, which has a set target to generate a certain amount of electricity from renewable sources. The EU has set a target to generate 20% of its total energy consumption through renewable energy by 2020. To meet this renewable target, all the EU member states have to abide by their respective binding targets to increase their share of renewable energy. The member states are free to decide their desirable renewable mix. The European Commission (EC) has the right to take legal action if states do not take appropriate measures to meet their targets.
2. Maryland Governor Introduces Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act Of 2011
Maryland imports 30% of electricity from other states to fulfil current electricity demand that puts an extra burden on the state budget. Moreover, Maryland needs to generate 20% of electricity from clean, renewable sources by 2022 to meet the RPS standards. Until December 2010, electricity generated from renewable sources feeding into the regional PJM grid was counted. But after the implementation of new standards the state needs to generate electricity from renewable sources within their regional limits.
Its scope includes -
- Featured Articles: Analytical articles related to the impact of major policies on the renewable energy market.
- Renewable Energy Initiatives For Romania
- The scope of the article includes major regional policies in Romania through which the production of renewable energy can be improved. The article details key renewable eenrgy policies such as quota system.
- Maryland Governor Introduces Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act Of 2011
- The scope of the article includes the information on the Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act.
- Major Policy Updates: Regional renewable policy news for the month
Reasons to buy
- The "Renewable Policy Analysis" provides in depth study of the major renewable policy developments across the globe. It gives regulatory updates for the global renewable energy market which can help the individual/company frame their business strategies while minimizing regulatory risks.
- Analyze the impact of changing regulations on the market movement
- Renewable Energy Initiatives For Romania Provides insights on the initiatives on the renewable energy front taken up by Romanian Government.
- Maryland Governor Introduces Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act Of 2011 - The article elaborates on Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act