Thiells, (PressExposure) May 14, 2012 -- RiaForm Technology releases dbFramework v1.0: The natural way to create business web apps.
RiaForm Technology today announced the first release of dbFramework, a new kind of database that lets business analysts create professional web applications rapidly with minimal technical skill.
dbFramework is a hierarchical database and workflow system. Unlike other databases that immerse the user in foreign technical concepts that are an ocean away from the problem at hand, dbFramework allows the user to describe their requirements the way they think of them: a hierarchy of categories and sub-categories. From this, dbFramework creates an entire professional web application, with forms, navigation, authentication and everything you need to deploy that app across your company.
And that's just the beginning. In an equally natural fashion, users can then add workflow to their hierarchy. Unlike other workflow systems that dump the user into what amounts to a prettified programming language, dbFramework focuses on the workflow that business users are most concerned with: collecting information and routing that information based on conditions. Tightly coupled to the hierarchy, users can graphically create workflow anywhere, specifying what to collect from the user, and how to route the data across the organization.
This is a new way to create apps, and a revolution in rapid application development. It's the database that business users have needed for years and actually makes creating web applications fun. Using dbFramework, businesses have put together products in a month with a single developer what normally take years with a team of developers.
Some key features:
* Comes with 10 sample applications, including a CRM.
* Quick Reports let you create reports by just selecting the fields in the hierarchy to display: dbFramework does the rest.
* Built-in powerful scripting language that can be entered right from your browser ensures you'll always have a way to implement even complex business rules.
* Add Google-like search to your application with one flip of a switch.
* Interactive tutorials get you started quickly with creating apps, but dbFramework takes it even further and helps you add tutorials to your own applications.
* With a full API, integrate your apps with .Net, PHP and AJAX websites for full extensibility.
dbFramework is free for casual users, who are able to access the application, create records, run reports, actions and workflow without limitation. Power users that need extra control in directly editing data are charged at $99 per login.
What others are saying about dbFramework:
"I think it's the most incredibly exciting and powerful RAD software I've ever encountered" - Brad Konia, MarketMySite, 2012
"Using dbFramework...we can add reports, workflow and other features without any need for a programmer. It changed our business." - Adam Rice, LACFIN, 2011